Chicago Metro IL
Join Our Community of Food People!
Primary responsibility for the annual performance cycle (goal setting, mid-year, & year-end) creating the best possible manager and employee experience across each phase. This role will also support different aspects of the Talent Assessment & Planning process from design to consulting with leaders throughout the organization. By integrating performance and career management, helps leaders and associates better understand development needs providing added support to associates in progressing their careers. Partners with the Talent Management and HR team to ensure we have processes and support that achieve this goal.
Flexible Work Policy: The Performance and Succession Management Partner has been segmented as Blended, meaning the work is a combination of onsite (8 days a month) and virtual/remote. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Rosemont, IL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the day-to-day maintenance, execution, and activities involved in the design, preparation and delivery of performance management (goal setting, mid-year & year-end assessment) across the enterprise.
• Provides research-backed guidance in the design, delivery and management of performance evaluation solutions at all levels of the organization.
• Drives project oversight throughout the year on multiple performance processes including detailed project plans, communications, and periodic status reporting to leadership
• Regularly drives improvements in performance management by consulting with leaders and associates to stay aware of business needs and the manager/employee experience
• Partners with HR Operations to ensure WorkDay provides the correct support for our associates in each phase of performance management
• Responsible for the design and delivery of process-related communications throughout the year
• Teams Up with Learning and Development to create engaging materials guiding associates through the annual performance management cycle, while ultimately owning content revisions and version control across all internal platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Intranet Site, etc.)
• Leads the delivery of live/webinar-based training and other materials ensuring associates have access to learning options throughout the year supporting every phase of the performance cycle
• Proactively stays up-to-date on trends and developments within Talent, Performance and Career Management – providing ideas and information to HR and Leadership regarding best practices and trends
• Combine multiple sources of data, conduct analysis, and create standard and ad-hoc reports to monitor completion of process steps and create summary reports for leaders
• Create and maintain detailed process documentation for all processes and enhancements
• Leverages data to identify process enhancements to continuously improve the efficacy of Performance, Career and Succession Management across the organization.
• Engage in other talent practice initiatives related to primary role including assessment for talent assessment, development, and placement.
• Supports the end-to-end delivery of Talent Assessment and Planning Process (TAPP) to deliver Succession including communication plans, project plans, HR and Leader training, and reporting delivering tools and approaches to ensure ongoing leader pipeline development.
• Provides thought leadership in the integration of performance management with TAPP.
• Teams Up across the business to develop and activate ongoing development of the talent pipeline
• Consults with leaders on the development of talent for critical roles
• Algins performance management with career to ensure the best possible employee experience throughout the year in understanding performance needs, how it ties to develop and ultimately career management
• Consults with leaders on improving associate development and performance throughout the performance management cycle.
• Required: Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
• Preferred: Master in Industrial/Organization Psychology from an accredited university
o Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in administration of Performance Management process to include Goal Setting, Mid-Year, and Year End Reviews
o Experience managing multiple tasks against tight deadlines, maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
o Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
o Workday experience preferred
o At least 2 years administering Performance Management (Goals Setting, Mid-Year, Year-End) in an organization with greater than 10,000 employees in both hourly and salary roles
o Experience administering performance management and career development modules in Workday
1. Project Management – Ensures all the project’s elements are planned, organized, and managed in accordance with time restraints to accomplish required outcomes.
2. Results Orientation – Routinely takes initiative to find better ways to achieve desired results; analyzes data to identify and prioritize opportunities; follows through on commitments and sees opportunities through completion
3. Effective Decision Making – Leverages data, experience, and all available resources to make informed, future-focused decisions, with an understanding of their impact on key results.
4. Customer Insight/Perspective – Empathizes with customers and considers impact of operational approaches and decisions on the customer experience.
5. Communicates with Impact – Understands audience’s knowledge level, style, and preferred channels; adjusts verbal and written communications accordingly to maximize impact
6. Collaborates Cross-Functionally – Partners across functions and at various levels of the organization to creatively solve problems and overcome obstacles
7. Establishes Rapport – Presents an approachable, relatable style with others; gains trust quickly to enable communication and establish a mutually beneficial relationship
8. Resiliency – Remains calm and objective in stressful situations. Pushes through set-backs. Overcomes criticism and frustration to achieve key results.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***