Where do you belong?
Your career is more than just a job, it's part of your life. Whether you’re a clinician, or non-clinical professional, at USACS you'll feel a sense of connection working with clinicians and office staff who share your interests and values. We want you to love coming to work each day because you believe in what you do and the people with whom you work. We care about your success.
USACS also understands that location is important. We offer career opportunities for clinicians and non-clinical support staff from New York to Hawaii and numerous points in between. Our supportive culture, outstanding benefits and competitive compensation package is best in class.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for primary payroll processing. This may include audits. They assist in the preparation of payroll files and work closely with other members of HR, Legal, and Finance to produce an accurate payroll and deliver compiled data as requested for reporting and customer service purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with preparation of semi-monthly and monthly payrolls, including tax changes, deductions, retroactive adjustments and time entry adjustments
- Update, audit and maintain employee-level information
- Ensure compliance with all garnishment and support orders including federal, state, and local tax withholding
- Establish and update procedure documentation for all payroll processes
- Continuously evaluate and suggest/implement improvements to payroll processes
- Resolve both routine and non-routine payroll problems
- Serve as a liaison to the Finance department and other departments and locations in the resolution of payroll issues
- Ensure compliance with existing payroll policies and procedures
- Help to establish policies that can improve the payroll process
- Ensure compliance with benefits plans, labor laws, and payroll tax related matters
- Assist in Year-End payroll activities and other projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Multi-State payroll experience desired
- Must demonstrate ability to solve problems and work through complex issues
- Must be able to plan and organize workload appropriately to meet deadlines
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a growing company
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with employees, managers and other departments
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a mature and discrete manner
- Must be able to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Preferred)
- 1-2 years Payroll processing experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience with Workday cloud, or other cloud payroll software
Hourly Rate: $18.76 – $31.26
Hourly may be determined on several factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills, experience, education, geographical location and requirements stated in job description