Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
As a People Operations Associate, you are an essential part of the HR Operations team and will work collaboratively across the organization building positive working relationships with all teams. In this role you will report to the Manager of People Operations and provide administrative support for a variety of human resource functions ensuring a positive experience for all associates. Our ideal candidate will be energetic, driven, highly organized, and possess excellent communication skills, with a good eye for detail.
Are you a rockstar with scheduling flexibility and a drive to succeed? Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, and possess excellent communication skills, with a good eye for detail.
Location: Remote (candidate MUST reside in the Tampa bay region).
Hourly Pay range: $18.00 – $21.00
The final compensation offered will be determined based on various factors, including the candidate's location, level of experience, and skill set. As such, it may fall outside the range listed above.
Work schedule (Flexible and subject to change): Sunday- Thursday: Must be open to a flexible work schedule with availability from 12pm -9pm EST (once training is completed, we can consider a later shift).
Essential job duties:
- Processes all people-related transactions in the human resources information system (Workday), including new hires, terminations, transfers, job changes, etc.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and ensures accurate and current information
- Reviews background checks and adjudicates according to matrix
- Responds to associate inquiries through the company’s case management system, finding the root cause of associate questions and striving to provide solutions quickly
- Assists associates and managers with understanding company policies and procedures
- Answers associate phone calls and responds to voicemails left for Human Resources
- Processes various administrative tasks such as data input into Workday, ad-hoc report creation and data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Documents and maintains process procedures for the People Operations team and self-service resources for all associates
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Processes employment verifications and wage audits, and prepares appropriate documentation and necessary paperwork
- Proactively makes data-driven recommendations and identifies opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Participates in testing Workday updates, changes, and releases
- If based in Tampa, travels to the Tampa corporate office biweekly to process HR mail
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of related experience with HR experience preferred
- Workday experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
- A positive team player who’s passionate about cultivating a supportive, inclusive workplace culture
- The ability to easily task-switch and prioritize accordingly, comfortable juggling different tasks and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner and without errors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to quickly digest and execute new processes and works with a high degree of autonomy
- Takes ownership and uses critical thinking to find solutions to drive a positive associate experience
- Able to handle sensitive and critical information, conversations, and situations with compassion and discretion
Our full-time associates are provided with the following comprehensive, flexible benefits:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, vision plans
- Pet insurance plan options
- Tax advantages through healthcare savings and flexible spending accounts
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off program
- Support for continued education through tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Associate and family assistance program
- Associate discount program
- Rewards and recognition program
Are you a current Valet Living employee? If so, click here to apply.
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Valet Living is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Valet Living will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this is a dedicated e-mail box designed exclusively to assist applicants with accommodation requests in relation to Valet Living's recruiting process. Inquiries about the status of applications will not receive a response from this e-mail box. We will make accommodations during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable law.