28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is responsible for sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, assessing and hiring applicants for Valmont jobs across all divisions in a wide range of functions including clerical, technical, manufacturing, and administrative positions. This incumbent must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all professional and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure, as well as a strong knowledge of human resources policy, procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. The nature of this position requires skilled communication with employees and leaders at all levels, as well as with job seekers. The incumbent represents the company brand and culture to attract talent to the organization and assists with retention activities.
- Develop, implement and execute recruiting programs and strategies to fill current openings and build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates
- Partners with hiring managers and HRIS to determine staffing needs and process job requisitions utilizing the Workday system
- Builds solid relationships with the businesses and serves as an advisor and partner before, during, and after hiring date
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies
- Proactively networks and leverages technology to recruit from passive candidate sources
- Screens, schedules and interviews applicants
- Coordinates manager and team interviews
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers through the Workday system
- Coordinates relocation offer details (if applicable)
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Must have English/Spanish bilingual skills
- Three years of experience in a recruitment role involving sourcing to offer acceptance
- Three years of experience and working knowledge of HRIS and ATS tools and technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends to facilitate recruiting events
- Experience partnering and influencing hiring managers and executives throughout the recruiting cycle
- High focus on candidate experience, superior negotiation and closing skills, and comfort navigating ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to Company management
- Self-motivated and able to successfully deliver on all deadlines and flawlessly execute in a very fast-paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- A professional certification such as PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP
- Experience recruiting in a manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance
- Candidate relocation experience
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The employee is expected to work in a cubicle office environment and utilize proper ergonomic safeguards, such as monitor height and position, keyboard location and height, and proper wrist rests. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Occasional travel may be required to sites within the U. S. sites. Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends to facilitate recruiting events. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]