801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74110-4949
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
This individual contributor position is accountable for Human Resources support of assigned individuals within the Operations Teams at the Tulsa Operations location. This position will coordinate and provide comprehensive Human Resources support for assigned clients and must build and develop effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: employee relations, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, organizational change and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Team, this role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business. This position is actively involved with assisting and supporting the management team to build organizational bench strength and demonstrate best practices in Human Resources.
- This position reports into the site Human Resources Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
- Provide full range of Human Resources advice, support, consultation and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Navigate and assist in the resolution of employee issues; leading employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment
- Support change management related to the implementation of organizational solutions
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business through exposure to departmental activities
- Collaborate with department leaders to execute HR processes and associated activities
- Implement and manage various HR and campus-wide initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives
- Provide information and tools to support effective delivery of HR services and processes, including HR related systems
- Builds credibility within assigned departments by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments' short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success
- Champion change and effectively guide management and associates through organizational change
- Accurate data entry into HRIS system and related HR technologies
- Seeks learning and development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on HR practices through benchmarking, networking, and exposure to business related research/publications
- Organize and lead New Employee Onboarding
- Attend and support company events such as retirement parties
- Create and maintain job descriptions
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Gather and analyze feedback from client groups and partner with HR Manager in developing and implementing solutions
- Recommends, develops and implements programs to promote employee performance, engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Analyzes employee relations issues and investigates employee complaints, including complex matters, consults with legal and senior leadership as appropriate and makes sound, timely recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure
- Supports managers and associates during the performance management process which includes defining goals, identifying key job responsibilities, creating development plans, assessing performance and evaluating compensation
- Participates on project teams (e.g. administration of engagement surveys, implementation and enhancements of new technologies, analyzing candidate assessment tools for implementation, utilization, and effectiveness, administering and analyzing exit interview results)
- Development and maintenance of HR related metrics and reports from those systems and performing the analysis on results including creating professional presentations with data from various systems and reports.
- Participate in projects across the HR function and/or the business unit. Identify business unit needs and creatively work with HR COEs to determine solutions. Act as an extension of the HR COEs for communication, adoption and execution of COE processes or initiatives.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree and three years human resources experience in a generalist capacity; or Associates degree and 5 years relevant experience; or 7 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and ability to act on Compliance and Regulatory issues
- A minimum of two years of recruiting experience
- A minimum of two years of experience working with a major, non-proprietary HRIS system
- The ability to travel between the Tulsa and Claremore facility as needed
- The ability to work in a production/manufacturing environment
- The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs
- Self-starter and able to work professionally and independently
- Strong customer service orientation, communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with employee relations dispute resolution, and litigation avoidance
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification
- Experience using Workday software applications
- A high awareness for labor compliance, amendments, regulations, including Affirmative Action Planning as well as court decisions related to employment laws
- Knowledge of group benefit plans and how open enrollment for benefits is carried out and regulated
- Experience working with timekeeping and compensation plans for both exempt and non-exempt employees
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family’s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont’s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected].