1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The HR Representative is an individual contributor position for the Bristol IN location, reporting to site General Manager. This position focuses on clerical support and administrative functions of this location. This position interfaces and works closely with the Bristol team. The HR Representative will maintain employee files, prepare reports, support projects, and act as the main HR point of contact for the Bristol leaders and all employees to the department, via phone, email and walk in traffic.
- Performs basic clerical functions of the department, such as creating and maintaining current employee files
- Answer department phone calls and interface with all Bristol employees in a friendly and professional manner, while providing HR guidance and direction as needed
- Prepares, maintains and supports a variety of reports and spreadsheets for the site
- Maintains and assists the department with any open positions
- Schedule and coordinate interviews and appointments on behalf of the department and site
- Support the orientation/onboarding process
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained with highly sensitive information
- Provide support management support
- Works with internal customers to ensure customer satisfaction and answer follow up questions
- Supports the Bristol site in all HR related customer service functions
- Consult with the Segment HR Manager on employee relations matters for guidance
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Recommends process or service improvements, policy standardization, and innovative solutions.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development.
- Contributes to a positive relationship with internal customers and external service providers to accomplish these tasks timely, accurately and professionally.
- Performs and coordinates special projects as assigned and monitors strict deadlines to ensure timeliness. Uses some project management skills in managing projects.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma/GED and 2+ years of work/education experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate instructions and information to others
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate a personal computer to utilize various HR software packages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Possess team, organizational, sound judgment, creativity, flexibility, and decision-making skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of HR systems and web enabled databases
- Knowledge of HR and benefit law in the U.S.
- Previous experience support human resource functions
- Previous Workday experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and demonstrated ability with other MS Office applications
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting in a manufacturing environment. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office and plant. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]