Vanguard’s Total Rewards team is seeking a talented leader to enable our Compensation and Benefits Operations, Systems, Governance, and Vendor management teams!
In this role you will oversee our global processes as it relates to our various Total Rewards offers. You’ll be tasked with enabling our various compensation and benefits programs through Workday and other technology systems, in partnership with Vanguard’s HR technology experts, for scalable future-looking solutions. You’ll enable the team to seek year-over-year improvements to our various processes, with an ever-changing digital landscape, while also supporting enterprise-level communications to ensure our offers are well understood and utilized.
You’ll partner with our legal team as they advise us on regulatory implications to our Total Rewards programs and operational processes, while ensuring we are proactively improving the ways in which we provide to our crew best-in-class compensation and benefits packages. As part of this, you’ll further enable the team to build a more robust experience with our vendors and ensure Vanguard realizes the greatest return on the investment through our Total Rewards vendor relationships.
In this position, you’ll also own our key controls processes and ensure all proper documentation and evidence is gathered and shared with our internal colleagues and external regulators, as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience and skills inclusive of:
- Leading a broad team with various skillsets and experiences
- Big-picture process-oriented approach to problem solving
- Strategic systems-thinking mindset – preferably with prior Workday experience in the Total Rewards domain
- Technology-savvy in applying available digital tools to meet operational objectives
- Detail-oriented techniques in methodically documenting key processes
- Verbal and written communication skills across a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Analytical prowess to use data for buy-in or myth-busting
The Senior Manager-
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains total rewards policies and guidelines in line with the enterprise global total rewards strategy. Leads the implementation of the total rewards strategy.
- Advises on regulatory changes or industry forces that affect the compliance or competitiveness of compensation and benefits programs offered to Vanguard. Partners with legal, risk, and finance partners to ensure regulatory and statutory compliance related to total rewards.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on selected business changes with compensation and benefit implications. Facilitates and participates in conversations regarding transformations, career pathing, workforce planning, and recruitment as needed.
- Consults on total rewards related issues and partners with various partners to resolve or improve the total rewards offer or delivery. Acts as a deep subject matter expert to guide and support other crew and improve their total rewards acumen.
- Facilitates partnership across the various Human Resources departments to align business goals with Human Resources programs and policies. Influences senior management to change total rewards offerings based on Vanguard’s needs and market practices.
- Implements communication programs and training to increase total reward program transparency and accessibility. Provides sophisticated analysis to senior leaders to inform and influence significant total rewards decisions.
- Builds and maintains an expert understanding of compensation and benefit practices for multiple industries. Surfaces trends, changes in employment law, regulatory matters, or compliance requirements, and other factors that impact the design and implementation of compensation and benefit programs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes-
- Eight years related work experience, with at least three years of Compensation or Benefits experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.