Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
The Payroll Analyst II will be responsible for the day-to-day completion of all payroll functions including but not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly, hourly and salary payrolls in the payroll system and ensures payroll data entry/imports and calculations are accurate and that employees are paid accurately and timely.
- Provide garnishment/tax/workers compensation support.
- Maintenance of employee payroll data,
- Compliance of all employee and employer tax withholding and reporting,
- General ledger files preparation and balance, and
- Ensure all deadlines are met and company policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform payroll audits and maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Research, analyze and resolves complex payroll issues and concerns from employee and site.
- Understand company, site, department processes and policies, as well as site benefits.
- Understand time and attendance process.
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end and year-end payroll and accounting close and accrual process.
- Adjusts to new, different and changing requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
This position will be responsible for:
- Responding to employee inquiries,
- Assist in dealing with escalated payroll issues,
- Assist in special projects, including M&A, system conversions, upgrades, implementation, testing, etc.
- Provide training, tools and education to each site regarding time entry and other payroll related matters.
The role will report to the Payroll Manager and work very closely with Finance, Human Resources, and Benefits teams.
Location: Ideal candidate will reside in Atlanta, GA and will be available to work a hybrid schedule as needed.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Business Administration, HR, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2-5 years of payroll experience, with progressing levels of responsibility
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and meet established deadlines
- Effective communication skills, including listening, written and verbal skills to express ideas, influence others and gain support.
- Understanding of accounting principles, time and attendance (CATS) and HR.
- Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of ADP Business Pro payroll systems preferred.
- Workday payroll/time and attendance processing or implementation experience a must.
- Strong personal computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS office software, particularly Excel (vlookups and pivot tables), E-mail, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Multi-state payroll experienced required.
- Canadian payroll knowledge preferred or other international payroll experienced.
- Federal, state and local tax filing knowledge required.
- Learns to use professional concepts.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity: Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision: Normally receives detailed instructions on work.
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.