Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Help us attract and motivate the world’s best talent to achieve our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Reporting to the Director of Compensation, the Compensation Project Manager is responsible for managing global compensation programs and leading global projects. Leads annual rewards process and independently leads cross-functional project teams.
- Manage annual rewards process for base pay, bonus and equity rewards. Establish global budgets, develop guidelines and tools, prepare communication materials, develop and deliver education for HR and management, analyze and counsel management on recommendations, and prepare executive presentations. Work with HRIS to ensure annual rewards process in Workday is configured properly and runs smoothly.
- Lead global cross-functional projects to implement new programs or make changes to existing programs. Responsible for project management, implementation, understanding system impacts, change management and communications.
- Provide compensation support for cross-functional HR projects, such as M&A activity and HR systems implementations.
- Partner with HR Operations to ensure accuracy and integrity of compensation data in Workday and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Actively support HR team members and cross-functional partners and look for opportunities to improve processes, policies, and service levels.
- Ensure effective communication/promotion of the company’s compensation programs and practices to HR, management, employees & candidates globally.
- Provide compensation expertise and support to management, HR business partners and talent acquisition teams. Advise leaders and HR on company’s compensation philosophy, practices, and programs.
- Ensure compliance with local/federal compensation requirements and statutes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5-8+ years of related experience; global experience in a medical device or high-tech environment highly desired.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation, excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Experience with Workday HRMS and compensation modules strongly desired.
- Advanced Excel plus strong Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong knowledge of compensation/employment laws.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment.
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.