The Human Resources Information Systems Manager will work on all areas of HRIS and People Experience work streams including standard business requests such as reporting, providing functional and technical support in identifying and troubleshooting system problems, and developing, implementing and modifying systems to meet organizational requirements. Additionally, the HRIS Manager will lead designated technical projects to implement new or enhanced functionality in Vertex’s primary human capital management system, Workday. These projects may cover the following modules which Vertex has enabled Workday: Core HCM, Benefits, Advanced Compensation, Recruiting, Reporting, Performance and Talent. The HRIS Manager is expected to have a specialization in 2 – 3 Workday modules listed above and a strong working knowledge of all modules. Prior experience with Workday Recruiting is strongly preferred.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage specific technical efforts pertaining to new Workday functionality and enhancements.
- Function as technical lead for key annual programs
- Actively engage with the Workday community to remain informed of new technical functionality released in the system in order to provide guidance to key stakeholders on system capability
- Provide support for HRIS Systems including, researching and resolving system related problems, in identifying process flaws, performing scheduled system activities, and recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet the system requirements
- Resolve standard system queries through the ticket management system ServiceNow, within the agreed SLA’s.
- Identify areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) within the HR Function and recommending solutions, outlining the pros, cons and risks.
- Promote continuous process improvement practices and drive automation and efficiency.
- Training HR and business users, including developing training materials, user procedures, guidelines and documentation, and participating in coordinated training events.
- Working with the different technology teams to support with testing and training of HR technology solutions and working collaborative with cross functional and technical staff to coordinate the application of upgrade or system fixes.
- Create and maintain productive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HR technology and understand statutory and regulatory requirements affecting HR, Benefits, Recruitment and Payroll
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management
- Basic understanding of downstream/upstream impacts of system changes
- Ability to work across multiple geographies in a virtual working environment, fully utilizing technology and communication tools
- Good communication skills and a strong client service orientation
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and collaboratively as part of team
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline OR
- Typically requires 4 years experience in HRIS or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Workday experience
- #LI-TH1 #REMOTE
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]