The Senior Director, Organizational Learning will focus on building and driving company-wide talent programs that enable Vertex to attract, develop, and engage high performing individuals and teams in support of our longer term business and workforce strategy. This role will partner closely with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) in the creation and implementation of a variety of learning and development and talent management programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and drive the organizational learning strategy for core skills and manager and leadership excellence, including setting the goals, creating the business plan, and executing
- Implement programs and practices that are integral to the success of the organization, including: leadership development; new leader and manager integration; core skill, managerial, and leadership learning; coaching, mentorship, and sponsorship; talent mobility (assignments, gigs, rotations); and high-performance teaming
- Collaborate with Vertex executives, managers, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and the HR team globally to achieve desired business results and to target and implement program improvements
- Align and develop resources to deliver on the strategy (subject matter experts, HR team members, vendors, program budgets, technologies, etc.)
- Establish standardized methods and procedures for delivery, evaluation, measurement, and reporting
- Design and implement programs, consistent with internal and external data and research backed practices and innovative approaches
- Embed Inclusion, Diversity and Equity in all talent processes and programs
- Leverage and inform talent-related technology implementations (i.e., Workday modules)
- As a People Manager within the organization, may have financial accountabilities and human resource responsibilities for assigned staff
Knowledge and Skills:
- Substantial L&D and talent management experience in organizations which are scaling
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and business partnering skills and the ability to translate concepts into pragmatic solutions that can be operationalized and scaled
- Systems thinking; able to recognize patterns and trends in data, content and customer needs which will drive program design and delivery
- Results-oriented; disciplined at measuring ROI
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize and scale programs and efforts
- Excellent communication, storytelling, business partnering, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience building career ladders/paths and the tools and resources need to support career development
- Experience designing and delivering global leadership development programs, focused on building core people leadership capabilities
- Exceptional project management skills
- Familiarity with or certification in leadership and behavioral assessment tools, coaching, and high-performance teaming
- Experience working with a variety of global external suppliers/vendors
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or a related field required
- Typically requires at least 12 years of experience in a related field and 5 years of supervisory/management experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
We’re enabling flexibility and choice between individuals and their managers to maintain our strong culture of collaboration and ensure a daily vibrancy within our sites globally. In this Hybrid or On-Site-Eligible role, you can choose to work:
1. Hybrid and work remotely up to two days per week; or select
2. On-Site and work 5 days per week with ad hoc flexibility.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.