The Director of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for the design, implementation, management, ongoing analysis and evaluation of our Compensation and Benefits programs. Leading the compensation and benefits team and working in partnership with the extended HR Operations team, this position plays a key role in determining how we will optimize our total rewards offering to attract top talent, foster retention and enhance engagement. · Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics to understand the effectiveness of our total rewards strategy. · Identify areas of opportunity within current programs and plans, develops, evaluates, improves, and recommends improvements that support the needs of Vivint’s diverse employee population. · Manage compensation surveys, conduct related analysis, research market competitive practices, recommend new programs or enhancements, conduct benchmarking · Stays abreast of benefit program innovations and trends.
· Manage working relationships with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants, ensuring quality delivery.
· Lead the strategy, design and execution of the company’s job architecture and compensation programs.
· Provides advice on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
· Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
· Oversee the management of Vivint’s 401(k) plan including plan design, recordkeeping and compliance. This role is a member of Vivint’s Retirement Plan Committee.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
· Lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets
· 5+ years of experience in Total Rewards including compensation and benefits 2+ years managing a compensation and benefits function.
· Requires a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in a related field a plus.
· Experience managing external service providers including consulting relationships, benefit plan providers and administrative service contracts for a self-insured plan.
· Deep analytical skills with the ability to utilize data to influence decision making.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment that is dynamic and subject to rapid change. · Working knowledge of ERISA, ACA, DOL, and IRS in a self-funded benefits environment.
· Strong preference for the following o SHRM-CP, SPHR, CBP, CCP or CEBS professional designations
· Experience with Workday Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who you will work with:
This position is part of the HR Operations team, reporting to the Sr. Director of HR Operations and working closely with HRIS, Employee Relations and HR Shared Services.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone who is strategic, creative and autonomous. Someone who will take a hands-on,
creative approach, grounded in data to enhance, build and implement our compensation and benefit programs.
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
· Your choice between Mac or PC
· Employee pricing on smart home products
· Casual dress code
· Onsite gym, gaming tables across our campus
· Onsite health clinic
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
· Free daily lunch and drinks on site
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
· Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
· Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
· 401(k) + Employer Match
· Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.