The Compensation Partner will be focused on helping administer, develop, and deliver compensation processes, structures, and analytics to further our compensation philosophy. This position will fill an operational role in supporting the organization’s compensation programs, including benchmarking, and pay analysis. This position will partner actively with HR business partners and other leaders to collaborate on compensation related outcomes. They will also be expected to lead out on certain compensation projects and serve as the intersection point between different stakeholders in the business.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responds to Recruiting and HR Business Partner requests to conduct appropriate job evaluation and leveling for existing and new hire compensation recommendations based on market data.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position; prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Partners with business and leaders in developing and maintaining job descriptions for each position in the organization; provides instructions and assists where needed, to gather and document job, organizational, occupational information so they reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of job analysis instruments and materials
- Assists with preparing and presenting summary reports of job and compensation analysis information
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends
- Supports the annual merit and bonus process under the direction of HR leadership.
- Contributes to streamlining processes and works with Compensation Manager to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Works with HRIS team to ensure that system (Workday) meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Keeps current with existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and may recommend appropriate course of action
- May prepare or participate in special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or stock options
- Serves as support to Compensation team and HR Business Partners duties related to pay or policy clarification as needed.
Required Education, Certification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. Business administration, or related field
- 2-4 years compensation analyst experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with compensation research and analysis
- Demonstrates initiative and accountability for own work
- Compensation plan/framework design and rollout experience
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Any degree of project management experience preferred
- CCP or similar certification
- Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, and PPT, and HRIS systems
- Strong Project Management skills
- Intrapersonal skillset, ability to build relationships and collaborate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Vendor, employee, and team relationship skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Organizational and time management