Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month.
Reporting to the Manager of the HR Consulting team, the Employee Relations/HR Consultant will serve as a subject matter expert for employee relations issues including performance management, employment policies, compliance, workplace issues and investigations and positive employee engagement. The HR Consultant self manages low to moderate risk cases on a variety of ER topics including but not limited to company Human Resources policies, attendance including leaves of absence, performance, and conflict resolution.
- Investigate and address employee complaints and conduct internal investigations, including completion of appropriate documentation and investigative reports
- Provide coaching/counseling advice to managers and employees on company employee relations best practices, policies, programs, and processes and how to respond to workplace issues appropriately and quickly
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws as well as company policy. Assist HR Leadership with EEOC, DOL and other legal claims as directed
- Respond to unemployment claims for all company divisions as directed and provide appropriate reporting for key stakeholders
- Make recommendations for resolution based on root cause analysis
- Prepare reporting and analyze data trends and make appropriate recommendations
- Deliver applicable trainings such as Performance Management Training, Employment Law Training, and Harassment Training
- Develop, revise, and implement HR policies, handbooks, and procedures
- Lead and/or participate in projects that are identified by the HR department and/or business.
- Review and approve Workday disciplinary actions, terminations, leave requests and other workday transactions
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- The ability to handle multiple deadline- driven responsibilities in a dynamic fast paced environment
- The ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to present data in a compelling manner to influence others
- The ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information viewed
- Use sound judgment to mitigate risk and weight the importance and validity of information to form fact-based opinions, solve problems and make formal recommendations.
- Multi-task with ease as the HR/ER Consultant manages multiple cases simultaneously while prioritizing the most urgent needs.
- Effectively influence key stakeholders including managers, internal and external HR partners.
- Research facts related to individual cases including identifying root causes of issues and opportunities for client experience and HR process improvements.
- Provide world-class customer care; convey caring, empathy, patience and listening skills.
- Escalate as appropriate within team leadership structure and processes
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate skill in using HRIS and MS Office tools to process, analyze and present data and information to various audiences. Workday experience preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Human Resource, Business, Organizational Behavior, Industrial Psychology, or similar program. Will consider pertinent experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in Employee Relations
- Familiarity with employment law including but not limited to ADA, Leaves of absences, Title IX, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certifications desired
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.