Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month.
Vivint is seeking a dynamic identity engineer who is ready to make a difference in a large environment with continual opportunities for growth. The engineer will work in a team to support and improve the identity experience for Vivint’s employees.
- Works with the team on integration efforts between Okta, Active Directory, Azure AD and keys systems such as Workday and SAP
- Provides expertise in the design, development, testing, implementation, and integration of Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems and solutions, both on-prem and cloud-based.
- Ensures data within Active Directory systems is complete and accurate
- Facilitates the successful and on-time completion of major programs and projects.
- Provides engineering level support to troubleshoot and resolves system incidents, problems, and changes, as required
- Provides ITIL based operational support and acts as a technical resource for the Active Directory/Okta infrastructure, including incident, change, and problem management
- Completes the key metric reporting and analysis for the Identity Management environment as required.
- Works to ensure audit tasks related to Identity Management are completed on time, with participation of appropriate parties
- Utilizes industry best practices for appropriate standards, processes, procedures, tools, and documentation.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current changes within legal, regulatory, and technology environments which may affect operations. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes and updates in a timely manner
Experience troubleshooting, managing, and solving issues related to all areas of identity management
- Hands-on experience of Active Directory operation and support in a global enterprise including Active Directory Infrastructure components (FSMO roles), delegated administration, group policies, OU admin & Site replication.
- Hands-on experience of Okta operation and support in an enterprise including SCIM provisioning, SAML and OIDC integration, Workday integration and Okta Workflows.
Technical competence in the following:
- Relevant management & operational tooling: Okta, Active Directory, Azure AD
- SSO and Federation of configuration of applications to make use of Okta
- Directory Services, Directory services replication/synchronization, Kerberos, Active Directory compliance for Schema Extensions.
- Adept at scripting including PowerShell and Python
- Various data file formats including JSON, CSV, LDIF, XML , etc.
- Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach. Demonstrates commitment to organization’s policy framework and practices continuous improvement.
- Experience of client system dependencies, e.g., GPOs, logon script using VBScript, ADSI, XMLDom, and LDAP queries
- Experience with security protocols such as LDAP/LDAPS, SAML, WS-Federation, SCIM, OAuth, and OIDC
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Foster a team environment in a fast-paced enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience.
- 4+ years working within enterprise information technology
- CISSP, CCSP or GSEC certification are beneficial
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.