Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month.
The Senior Payroll Manager will be responsible for overall management of Vivint’s payroll department, which supports approximately 12,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada, as well as managing a team of up to 12 people. We are looking for someone who has successfully managed and grown a payroll department. We are also looking for a detail oriented individual who can establish payroll processes and systems to assist Vivint with meeting it’s corporate goals and initiative.
- Establish payroll strategy and vision to align with corporate initiatives for the payroll department.
- Interact with senior management and external customers for integrating solutions that address company goals.
- Maintain pay guidelines by writing and updating policies and SOPs for payroll.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and motivate a high performing team.
- Lead or assist on special tasks and projects as needed (e.g. external/statutory/compliance audits and filings, entity set up, system implementation, etc.).
- Oversee full-cycle processing and accounting of US and Canadian payroll of approximately 8,000 employees.
- Identify and implement payroll processes and automation the increase the accuracy and efficiency of the payroll function.
- Partner with the HRIS team to maintain and built timecard maintenance, PTO accruals, payslip configuration and other HR/Payroll calculations in the Workday Tenant
- Collaborate and build successful and strong relationships with the business partners including HR, Finance and Business Leaders to problem solve and drive forward business initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while managing independent workload and multiple priorities.
- Strong consulting and analytical skills, pragmatic business thinker; ability to clearly present key findings, facilitate discussions and provide data -based recommendations.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maturity in handling confidential information.
- Partner with the Stock Administration to manage stock-based compensation processing in payroll, including stock option exercises, RSUs and ESPP, to ensure payroll tax compliance.
- Participate in designing and implementing internal controls and documentation in accordance with SOX and Federal/State compliance requirements.
- Approve and audit all payroll transactions.
- Stay up to date with labor legislation and any changes in employee insurance and tax regulations, strong knowledge of FLSA and federal and state pay practices. Coordinate external audits.
- Train payroll team on tax regulations and best practices
- Ensure quarterly and annual filings and reports are reviewed, approved and filed timely and accurately (941s, W2s, 1042s, etc.)
- Balance payroll expense and liabilities accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Support the corporate accounting team by participating in month/quarter/year-end financial closing activities as well as external audits: Payroll journal entries, payroll and benefits related account reconciliations.
- Proven experience developing and managing high performing teams
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, ability to detect inconsistencies in data, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate with the various constituencies the payroll department interacts with
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance/Account, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 7 years experience in multi-state payroll
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a full payroll cycle including year-end reporting
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Piece rate experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Familiarity with SQL, Python or R a plus
- Workday Experience a plus
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.