Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month.
The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner is responsible for engaging business leaders in driving critical business outcomes in line with organizational strategies and requirements around the full scope of HR practices & accountabilities including talent and performance management, organizational capability, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, and legal compliance. The role is part subject matter expert, business consultant, Center of Excellence (CoE) liaison and project / program manager within scope of assigned work and with assigned client groups. The position primarily works with VP, Director and Manager level employees on matters broad in scope or with a high degree of complexity. While the role is primarily strategic and operational / analytical rather than administrative and tactical, there will be times when it is required to be “hands on.” This position manages people and resources indirectly and informally. This position will report to a Director, HR Business Partner.
- Business Partnering – initiate and participate in projects that drive business improvement, engage with employees/managers to understand culture and connect with the team, and participate in and lead change initiatives and communication efforts. Actively seeks to understand and influence business priorities and outcomes.
- HR Subject Matter Expertise – Supports business leaders with interpretation, implementation, and application of core HR or people-related policies, programs, and best practices related to talent management, HR planning, culture / employee engagement, and legal compliance.
- Relationship Management- Builds credible and engaging relationships with stakeholders. Mediates difficult interactions and advises on / conducts complex investigations.
- Leadership & Navigation- Supports critical large-scale organizational changes, makes policy interpretations and practice decisions, develops frontline leaders and successors, integrates and connects business partners with Centers of Excellence resources.
- HRIS – approves various workflows in Workday, pulls reports and assists in analyzing data and metrics.
- Employee Relations– primarily working through the HR Consulting Team, provides coaching/counseling advice to managers and employees, and work to resolve employee relations issues quickly.
- Talent Acquisition/Management – Assists leadership in scoping new role definition, compensation leveling, facilitates hiring approvals, interviews, and selection recommendations.
- Project Management – lead and/or participate in projects that are identified by HR and/or business.
- Compensation management – partner with CoE to determine competitive and accurate wage information for jobs. Identifies and addresses market-based pay concerns. Advises on incentive program design.
- Process Improvement – identify, recommend and implement improvements.
- Employee & Leadership Development – Partners with the L&OD CoE in the design, development and delivery of training & growth experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to hold space with executive leaders in terms of communication, decision making, problem solving, dealing with conflict and influencing
- Operates as a business leader working in HR
- Demonstrated experience applying principles and practices of human resources in the following areas:
- Management Consulting / Organizational Development
- Culture / Change
- Employment Law / Compliance
- Employee Relations / Dispute Resolution
- Policy administration
- Training / adult learning
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and navigate between details and overall direction setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Demonstrated skill in using HRIS and MS Office tools to process, analyze and present data and information to various audiences. Prefer Workday experience.
Ability to travel 10% of the time throughout the year, dependent on client group needs.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Human Resource, Business, Organizational Behavior, Industrial Psychology or similar program. Completed or in progress graduate degree highly regarded.
- At least 5 years Human Resources experience, prefer prior experience with managing people.
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent acquisition, organizational learning & development, talent management, employee relations, performance management and employment laws.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment preferred.
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.