Remote Office – Canada
Remote – United States of America
This role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the US or Canada.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Are you passionate about payroll tax and love ensuring employee/employer taxes are accurate and reported on-time? Do you enjoy collaborating with other teams to solve problems that relate to payroll tax? Do you want to work for a highly respected technology company focused on innovation to solve customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies? Do you have Workday Payroll experience and ready to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact?
If you answered yes, we have the perfect role for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Primary objective for the Senior U.S. Payroll Analyst:
- Partner with our third-party vendor to ensure all employee/employer taxes are processed timely and accurately
- Establish processes to ensure semi-monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations occur
- Establish processes to ensure employee state wages are moved/processed timely
- Partner with our FSS Team on testing for Payroll Tax Workday upgrades, and configuration changes
The Work: What type of work will I be doing? What assignments or requirements will I be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Review tax filings and payments made by third party provider and ensure they are timely and accurate
- Manage Tax Rates/Tax Code set up within third party provider software
- Assist third party with taxing agencies notices/inquires
- Coordinate with third party provider for Wage Attachments/Tax Filing and Reporting
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and W-2 tax reconciliations
- Ensure accurate reporting and compliance with federal and state laws
- Maintain SUI rate updates within Workday payroll system
- Work with third party on registration applications for State and Local Income Tax and/or Unemployment Tax IDs
- Maintain and resolve Support Cases related to all tax issues/questions
- Respond to employee inquiries and internal/external audit queries timely and professionally
- Process employee state wage moves in Workday
- Maintain accurate payroll/tax records and comply with the Company’s Record Retention policy
- Partner with GL team and assist with all assigned payroll general ledger accounts (i.e., Cash accounts, Tax Liability, Benefits Liability, etc.) and resolve variances timely
- Participate in the testing & implementation of Workday software updates
- Prepare and maintain SOX key controls related to this area
- Play key role during year end processing/filing, including preparing the payroll system for the new fiscal year
- Prepare government required reporting not supported by a third party (i.e., Annual Census Bureau Economic Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.)
- Aid other areas in the payroll group during peak times or absences
- Provide analysis and reporting support for internal/external business partners
What is the Leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The Hiring Manager for the role is Sara Leaf, Manager leading the US Payroll Projects and Analytical team. Sara has been with VMware for 3 years. She believes that leadership is not defined by title and encourages her team members to be leaders and live by the values they all bring to the team while being creative to solve problems.
The team is distributed across and works from different parts of the US (Texas, Washington, and Massachusetts). The team follows dynamic, open culture at work and encourages to learn from others, teach others, and grow along with others being collaborative and courteous.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You will be expected to live within 0-4 time zones of the primary location.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware? (This will default)
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.