Home Office – IND-Delhi
Home Office – IND-Tamil Nadu
Home Office – IND-Telangana
The Opportunity: Why will you enjoy this new role?
The Global HR Technology Team is a creative community brought together to enable VMware processes using engaging, collaborative, and leading-edge solutions that are simple, drive integrity and enhance digital people experiences.
As a member of the HR Technology organization, you will design and implement Talent Acquisition solutions using a variety of Workday tools including EXTEND, Studio Integrations, APIs, Workday Recruiting and Workday HCM.
In collaboration with the HR Technology management team, you will partner with various cross-functional teams to help support and contribute to solutions that optimize processes, deliver value, and enhance user experience.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work towards completing?
- Deliver technical solutions for prioritized projects that require a variety of configuration techniques including integrations, APIs, Extend and Workday configuration.
- Develop an understanding of projects and enhancements that support and improve the digital people experience of our Talent Acquisition systems, tools, and processes.
- Build partnerships with team members, technology partners and the Talent Acquisition team to implement optimal solutions in a time managed and effective way.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Engage business partners to facilitate delivery of Talent Acquisition configuration projects by consulting with stakeholders to gather requirements, design, build and test solutions, prepare configuration documentation, support UAT and implement in Production environment.
- Design, configure and deploy optimized system solutions in line with HR Technology methodologies and standards. (Tools may include: Studio integrations, API setups, Workday EXTEND, etal.)
- Participate in the bi-annual Workday Feature Release process including reviewing functional improvements in relation to Recruiting, integrations and related reports/dashboards. This includes reviewing documentation, defining/executing/reviewing test cases, communicating with stakeholders and system configuration.
- Workday configuration for reports, calculated fields, business processes, security (e.g., BP policy and general security groups), custom fields/objects/tasks/BPs, business objects (e.g., Worker, Company, Job Application), questionnaires and condition rules.
- Evaluate and monitor security setups
- Partner with IT teams on RPA/BOT solutions.
- Develop key integrations with 3rd party tools that support areas such as sourcing, referral, immigration, relocation, and engagement programs.
- Provide input on assessments for TA tools by attending discovery/RFP meetings, reviewing features, and considering the optimal functionality required for our solutions.
- Develop knowledge and understanding in Recruiting and related Workday actions such as Job Requisitions, Job Applications, Sourcing, Interviews and Offers.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for projects, drafting process flow diagrams and envisioning the technology architecture.
- Active participation in Workday Community, Workday Brainstorms, team meetings, project reviews, project updates and knowledge sharing.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Greg Weishaar, Sr. Manager, HR Technology. Over the last 20 years, Greg has worked in a variety of HR roles, including: HR Technology Leadership, HR Project Management and Recruiting Leadership. He joined VMWare in November 2021 to lead the Talent Acquisition Technology Team.
Greg’s management philosophy is centered around empowering team members to be creative, act independently, explore new ideas and grow their careers. He cultivates strong business relationships with partners and team members to facilitate the highest quality outcomes. One of the cornerstones of his approach is to ensure that everyone has a voice, and that communications are open, transparent and direct.
Where is this role located?
This role is based in India and can be either Flexible or Remote. For Flexible, there is the opportunity to work from the office some days during the week and other days from home. For Remote, you can work from home fully. In both cases for remote working, it is essential to have strong internet connectivity and limited distractions to perform successfully in this role. As we are members of a global team and support a global internal customer, it will be important to have a flexible and balanced approach for attending meetings and delivering work products.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical and Insurance Programs.
- Gratuity and Provident Fund Programs.
- National Pension System participation.
- Generous Time Off and Leave of Absence Programs.
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.).
- 40 Hours of paid time to volunteer in your community.
- Wellbeing Program providing reimbursement for Wellbeing expenses.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.