Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This Senior Workday Reporting Analyst position provides an opportunity to grow your career while also providing exposure to many different areas of VMware Human Resources. You will be part of the team that supports all the people and talent reporting for VMware managers, leaders, and the Human Resources (HR) organization.
Joining VMware gives you long-term opportunities to expand your skills with annual education and/or training reimbursements, job rotation programs, subscriptions to online training platforms and employee networking groups.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Providing high quality custom Workday reports to support our HR teams and VMware employees seeking help with data-related requests. You will be expected to design, configure, and maintain Workday reports, create Calculated Fields, and work with Workday Prism Analytics.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Global People Insights team, you will:
- Design and build reports from Workday – our human capital management system
- Work with Prism Analytics for more advanced reporting and data needs
- Adhere to and help advanced our Data Governance practices
- Extract and organize data from Workday and other sources
- Ensure the accuracy of reports and data
- Ask probing questions to understand customers’ needs
- Perform user testing of new reports and dashboards
- Partner with cross-functional teams and lead projects as defined by the leadership team.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be joining the Global People Insights team at VMware, which provides business and HR leaders with data-based insights to influence strategic decisions related to our most precious commodity: our talent. Our team delivers people analytics, self-service dashboards, employee surveys and more for VMware. We are a small, but mighty, team of 18 high-performing analytics professionals and growing.
We are passionate about what we do. We question our own assumptions, continually strive to produce the best, and lead with data. This approach and mindset have generated trust and confidence in our team and in the metrics we deliver.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You will be expected to live within 0-4 time zones of the primary location.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.