Participates in the analysis, implementation and administration of competitive and effective compensation and rewards programs designed to attract, retain and motivate VNSNY workforce. Manages HR System compensation functions, including but not limited to, testing and implementing system changes, ensuring accuracy of data components on both the job profile and employee level, and identifying areas for improvement. Works under general supervision.
For Compensation Support:
- Assists Compensation leadership in the implementation and administration of compensation programs, which includes performance management and salary administration.
- Works with management to develop and/or revise job descriptions. Ensures qualifications on job descriptions are in compliance with federal, state and local laws. Evaluates job description responsibilities and provides salary and grade recommendations. Reviews with Compensation leadership as needed prior to communicating results to managers.
- Researches, analyzes and makes salary recommendations to recruitment staff and department management relating to current and newly created positions, promotions, demotions and transfers. Ensures external and internal market equity. Reviews recommendations with Director as needed.
- Participates in salary surveys and analyzes data from survey sources to determine competitiveness both internally and externally.
- Gathers and prepares competitive compensation information for ad hoc studies and analyses. Presents initial summary of findings.
- Manages and resolves HRConnect cases escalated to compensation.
- Prepares incumbent and competitor data and analysis/reports for use during collective bargaining negotiations.
For HR Systems Support:
- Builds and processes data loads (EIBs) for mass updates related to job profiles, compensation changes, one-time payments, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Leads the testing, implementing, and completing compensation review processes including, but not limited to, the annual merit increase and bonus.
- Tests and implements HR System changes; identifies the downstream effects on compensation and other HR workstreams and works with HR Systems department to reconcile any issues.
- Identifies internal user opportunities for improvement; collaborates with HR System department to build efficiencies and eliminate unclear workstreams. Builds notifications, business process steps and programming to continually improve the efficiency of the system.
- Approves/denies compensation changes in HR System.
- Maintains and updates compensation documents sent to new hires/transfers including, but not limited to, wage theft protections form and addendum documents for per diem per visit employees.
- Updates and maintains professional licenses required by job profile and at the position level to ensure compliance with specific job requirements.
- Builds and utilizes existing reports to maintain compensation components, including but not limited to, changing union compensation differentials and job profile information. Also builds ad hoc compensation reports as requested by business leaders.
- Audits compensation details on a weekly basis to ensure quality of employee data; makes updates/corrections, as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources Management or other related discipline required.
Experience: Minimum four years of Human Resources experience, with a minimum of two years compensation experience, required. Experience participating in salary surveys, performing statistical analysis, developing job descriptions and/or providing basic job evaluations required. Experience with Workday Compensation required. Strong analytical and consultative skills required. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Proficient with personal computers including advanced excel skills required. Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management and staff preferred.