Participates in the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Responsible for supporting and validating network contracting and unit cost management activities. Works under general supervision.
- Participates in the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Develops related financial forecasts for VNSNY program that links to the business’ strategic objectives. Provides market insight into the development of the vision and drivers. Assists in the design of financial models to support multi-assumption comparative budget vs. actual analyses.
- Supports and validates network contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Performs financial modeling to support well-informed negotiations, anticipating issues resulting in the ability to reach contract terms with good faith with sustainability.
- Prepares financial analyses of emerging business opportunities to support leadership in decision making. Analysis includes, but is not limited to, pro forma, cash flow and ROI development. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Provides financial analyses in meeting the needs of senior leadership in planning new initiatives and estimating opportunities/risks. Ensures consistent financial evaluation methodologies. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings at the Corporate and Board levels.
- Develops and enhances competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends. Utilizes market intelligence from both governmental (CMS/ HHS) and public sector (ex S&P) to inform landscape. Researches emerging market opportunities and risks.
- Collects and analyzes data required for corporate wide monitoring of value-based programs. Coordinates report production as needed. Summarizes, creates, and distributes reports as needed.
- Develops/maintains a strong understanding of all VNSNY CHOICE strategic, marketing, operational, and regulatory objectives associated with the strategic position of health plan-sponsored Medicare and Medicaid managed care products, with regard to quality of care and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, investment banking/private equity or related discipline, working with large data sets, required.
- Experience with M&A preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Mastery with Microsoft Excel, including strong Financial Modeling skills, Word, and Power Point required.
- Experience with PowerPivot or Tableau, preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems in a structured manner, using both quantitative and qualitative methods required.
- Ability to work effectively while handling multiple projects required.
- Knowledge of Workday, Oracle and statistical software preferred.