New York, NY
Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company®.
Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Please Note: Work location for this role is FLEXIBLE. This position allows 100% remote work from home or allows work to be performed in any of our major office locations with a hybrid schedule.
As part of the larger Compensation team, the Sr. Compensation Analyst plays a critical role in the design, implementation, analysis and administration of Voya’s compensation programs. The role will provide value-added compensation support to an assigned client base with moderately complex compensation issues and serve as the lead for key compensation projects such as the sales compensation governance process. This position will collaborate with cross functional partners and all levels of management to provide expertise while supporting both the business and compensation strategy.
- Support the business and the Compensation team in the design, governance and administration of sales compensation plans.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding compensation issues for an assigned client base.
- Acts as an analytic resource supporting the review of program effectiveness and modeling potential program changes.
- Manage participation in annual compensation surveys and oversee analysis of compensation survey responses.
- Assist in the evaluation of existing compensation plans to ensure that compensation remains competitive to attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Partner with HR Advisors and Talent Acquisition in the recruiting effort providing compensation guidance.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with firm policies and procedures while performing the role outlined above.
- Participates in ad-hoc, broad-based compensation-related projects and other human resources department initiatives.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience in the area of compensation and/or finance, math or economics. Prior sales compensation and/or consulting experience
- Position is highly data driven; requires advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Financial modeling or advanced spreadsheet development is preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday is preferred.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, including a willingness to take responsibility and ownership; A high-level of accuracy and attention to detail; Strong math / financial, analytic and problem solving skills; A demonstrated work ethic, self-motivated and proactive; Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the capacity to manage and prioritize multiple projects; Established planning and organizational skills; Process-oriented and results-driven; Ability to meet timely deadlines.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $80,000 to $119, 230. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to the base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities based on each role to reward achievement of annual performance objectives. A list of additional benefits can be found on our job posting and also on our Voya career page. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF)
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities.