Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
How will you make a difference?
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely payroll processing, submission, reporting, and auditing for salary and hourly employees while ensuring compliance with company policies as well as Federal, State, Local and IRS regulations. Maintains a high standard of quality and accuracy by being proactive in managing the payroll cycle to meet all payroll deadlines. Provides excellent customer service and works closely and collaboratively with HR and other cross-functional departments.
What do we want to know about you?
- Associate’s (preferred) from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 4+ years progressive payroll related experience
- Experience with federal and state labor laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, state wage and hour regulations, federal and state payroll tax regulations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables)
- Must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Experience with Canada payroll a plus
- Detailed-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to plan and organize workload with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a strong customer service orientation.
What will your typical day look like?
- Process payroll for multiple legal entities across multiple states and provinces with various pay schedules in the US and Canada.
- Validate and ensure accuracy of data in Workday such as changes, hours, earnings and calculate retroactive adjustments.
- Ensure imported payroll data is audited using various reports prior to sending for approval within established timelines.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to process payroll in accordance with company policies, union contracts, and legal requirements.
- Assures and maintains confidentiality and completeness of payroll files and data including their security.
- Actively look for ways to improve processes and procedures and support department transformation initiatives.
- Garnishment administration and process other 3rd party payments such as union dues.
- Provide various reports and data for internal and external audits as required.
- Participate in yearend projects including W-2 preparation.
- Assist in various special projects which may include participation in implementation activities and ad hoc reporting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You may also be asked to perform other duties outside of your function or trade, for which adequate training will be provided if necessary.
Relocation assistance may be provided if eligibility requirements are met.
Wabtec will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.