Winston Salem, NC
External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Business Manager is responsible for daily operational activities and financial accounting of the athletics business office. Responsible for student-athlete and staff per diem, reconciliations, medical payments, and deposits. This position serves as a liaison to Anthony Travel to ensure timely billing and payment for team related travel.
- Input invoices, requisitions, and payments to vendors on behalf of athletic teams and administrators.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations including but not limited to athletics trade and per diem.
- Assist with the onsite travel agency to ensure timely billing and expense reconciliation for flights, buses, hotels, and car rentals.
- Assist with game day payroll.
- Manage process for digital disbursement of per diem and meal money funds to teams, including maintenance of rosters, on-boarding new employees and SA’s to the digital process, maintaining system for requesting disbursements and executing processes to disburse funds.
- Assist with medical billing by entering transactions and refunds in coordination with the clinic insurance administrator.
- Assist in preparing journal entries, transfers, cash sales, and accounting adjustments.
- Manage game contracts to ensure proper payments are made.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree & 1-2 years of experience in accounting-business related field.
- General knowledge of accounting principles.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with reconciliations and journal entries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of proprietary or sensitive data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that places high emphasis on continual improvement, teamwork, and customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the University and with external parties.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and a proven ability to follow projects and issues through to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at the same time.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
Additional Job Description
Wake Forest University requires proof of full vaccination with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine for all positions posted on or after September 13, 2021. Wake Forest University requires that you provide satisfactory proof of full vaccination status to Human Resources within three days of your hire date. You must also maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status, as classified by the CDC, during your employment at Wake Forest University.
Consistent with federal, state and local law, Wake Forest University will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons unless providing an accommodation would result in an undue hardship to the University.
If you seek an accommodation from the vaccination requirement for disability- or religious-based reasons, you should contact Human Resources.
New employees who are hired into positions posted prior to September 13, 2021, offers of employment made to new employees prior to that date, and employees for positions at Graylyn Conference Center are generally exempt from the vaccination requirement unless the employee’s position is otherwise subject to a vaccination requirement due to the essential components of the position as described in Policy.
Time Type Requirement
Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.