US AR BENTONVILLE Home Office Global People Center (GPC)
What you’ll do…
We are looking for a Director – Software Engineer – Workday to lead our Workday Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology Transform team.
On the People Technology team in Walmart Global Tech, we provide solutions to our business customers to help support the millions of Associates employed at Walmart. As a partner to the Global People community, we strive to understand the People business needs of today and tomorrow, bringing technology innovation, growth and expansion while maintaining the People technology suite. Some key areas of accountability:
- Managing and leading the Workday Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology team and coordinating global stakeholder relationships
- Collaborating across workstreams to deliver solutions aligning with Transformation deliverables
- Driving business value and impact through consumption of requirements and delivery of solutions
- Executing day-to-day activities supporting Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology in the transformation for HCM, Absence Management, Compensation, Recruiting, and Talent/Performance
- Maintaining and fostering technology and vendor relationships
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Partner with global process owners, the People team, and the application support team to evaluate, disposition and deliver solutions that drive business impact
- Own responsibility and accountability for the Transformation activities within the Workday Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology areas across the People Technology portfolio
- Manage and lead the People Tech Workday Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology Transform teams
- Mentor and foster development of team members and promote continuous learning
- Provide direction and prioritization across functional and technical workstreams within the People Tech organization
- Serve as escalation point for unresolved incidents, user complaints, critical incidents, or highly complex service requests
- Maintain close coordination with functional and technical leads; work with relevant leads to balance workload across resources/technology and global People applications
- Utilize your knowledge, experience, and engineering acumen to solve problems at scale and generate high customer impact
- Champion data security to verify cross application security policies are in place and followed
- Communicate status and issues to team members, stakeholders and leadership and collaborate with project and cross functional teams
- Conduct capacity planning to ensure enhancements will be delivered according to the anticipated release schedule
- Coordinate with Supplier Customer Success Leaders and manage supplier relationships
- Interact with project leaders to develop and manage project plans
- Provide guidance and direction to the entire Workday Integrations, Data Conversion, and Enabling Technology teams working on projects or enhancements
- Address high-priority initiatives by identifying short- and long-term solutions and leading cross-functional partnership
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
- Solicit, evaluate, and apply suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness
You’ll make an impact by:
- Providing a consultative, collaborative, customer-centered mindset with strong communication capabilities
- Having a track record of fostering team collaboration and accountability through both direct and influencing leadership to deliver positive results
- Providing project estimation, budgeting, capacity management, and forecasting
- Leveraging demand management and business prioritization capabilities
- Having extensive experience in SDLC and agile delivery methods
- Understanding of and extensive experience across People / Payroll business processes
- Bringing your extensive experience in People technology project management with Workday
- Being an innovative thought leader by utilizing industry research to improve Walmart’s People Technology environment
- Benchmarking industry standards against internal processes and solutions
- Researching and influencing future solutions for fit with internal business requirements
- Developing innovative strategies, processes, and best practices by leading technical teams and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years’ experience in software engineering
US Tech / 7 – Tech Series
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America