(USA) AR BENTONVILLE Home Office Global People Center (GPC)
(USA) TX DALLAS Home Office SAM’S TECHNOLOGY – DALLAS
What you’ll do…
As Workday’s largest customer, the technical challenges we face are unrivaled. We are looking for a proven technical leader who can lead Workday engineering teams to pioneer a new space in enterprise technology. The customers we serve have ambitious objectives; we leverage Workday in conjunction with machine learning, GraphQL, Kafka and other technologies to drive innovative solutions. If this excites you and you think you have the experience to lead us through this next chapter of innovation at Walmart, please apply.
As a Director, Software Engineering you will be part of the People Technology team within Walmart Global Tech. We are defining the leading edge of technology to provide innovative solutions to our business customers to help support the millions of Associates employed at Walmart. As a partner to the Global People community, we strive to understand the People business needs of today and tomorrow, bringing technology innovation, growth and expansion while maintaining the People technology suite. Some key areas of accountability:
- Influence, coach, and be a servant leader to multiple integration teams focused on transformative products within our People Technology space. Develop close partnerships with our Workday Configuration, Product, Data Science, API, and Middleware teams to drive innovation as we deliver on commitments to our business customers
- Through the lens of experience in design, development, and delivery of software products, provide thought leadership and guidance to your teams around middleware and engineering best practices
- Executing day-to-day activities supporting Integrations and technical builds across HCM, Absence Management, Compensation, Recruiting, and Talent/Performance
- Maintaining and fostering technology and vendor relationships
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Partner with product owners, the People team, and the application support team to evaluate, disposition and deliver solutions that drive business impact
- Own responsibility and accountability for activities within the Workday Integrations team across the People Technology portfolio
- Manage and lead the People Tech Workday Integrations and Reporting teams
- Mentor and foster development of team members and promote continuous learning
- Provide direction and prioritization across the Workday technical team
- Serve as escalation point for unresolved incidents, user complaints, critical incidents, or highly complex service requests
- Maintain close coordination with functional and technical leads; work with relevant leads to balance workload across resources/technology and global People applications
- Utilize your knowledge, technical experience, and engineering acumen to solve problems at scale and generate high customer impact
- Champion data security to verify cross application security policies are in place and followed
- Communicate status and issues to team members, stakeholders and leadership and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Conduct capacity planning to ensure work will be delivered according to the anticipated release schedule
- Coordinate with Supplier Customer Success Leaders and manage supplier relationships
- Interact with project leaders to develop and manage project plans
- Address high-priority initiatives by identifying short- and long-term solutions and leading cross-functional partnership
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
- Solicit, evaluate, and apply suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness
You’ll make an impact by:
- Providing a consultative, collaborative, customer-centered mindset with strong communication capabilities
- Having a track record of fostering team collaboration and accountability through both direct and influencing leadership to deliver positive results
- Providing project estimation, budgeting, capacity management, and forecasting
- Leveraging demand management and business prioritization capabilities
- Having extensive experience in SDLC and agile delivery methods
- Understanding of and extensive experience across People / Payroll business processes
- Bringing your extensive experience in People technology, enterprise integrations and scalability
- Being an innovative thought leader by utilizing industry research to improve Walmart's People Technology environment
- Benchmarking industry standards against internal processes and solutions
- Researching and influencing future solutions for fit with internal business requirements
- Developing innovative strategies, processes, and best practices by leading technical teams and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Option 2: 8 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area
US Tech / 7_B-GP3
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America