1010-Corporate Offices WCI
The Woodlands, Texas
We are searching for a Payroll Admin to join our corporate team in The Woodlands, Texas. This opportunity, as with many in our company, is based on the desire to offer continuous growth and learning in a dynamic customer service environment.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
A Day in the Life of a Payroll Admin:
This position will be involved in processing a wide variety of compensation and deductions for our employees within the United States. It will also be accountable for various responsibilities such as new hire, termination and leave processing, employee garnishments and support orders, as well as collaboration with our outside vendors.
• 1 year prior work experience in a fast paced payroll department environment
• Working knowledge of Workday and/or ADP Enterprise would be beneficial
• Working knowledge of Federal and State payroll policies, including FLSA laws, overtime and termination regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (advanced Excel skills would be an asset)
• Advanced Excel processing and interaction with IT would be an asset.
• Individual must be able to easily learn new applications, interpret and analyze payroll data, while being innovative and having the ability to adapt to change.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required in order to effectively resolve issues with HR, employees, Legal, etc. while sustaining a high level of confidentiality inherent to Payroll matters.
• Proven ability to work in an organized manner with the ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines, at times handling multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining proper prioritization.
• Must be self-motivated with the capability to think and act independently with strong attention to detail as well as potential risk issues.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and relocation assistance.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)