WAWA – Wawa, Inc. – Corporate Office
WAWA – Wawa, Inc. – Corporate Office
Job Title: People Team Insights Strategist
Department: People Team
Pay Band: Specialist
Job Summary: The People Team Insights Strategist is responsible for helping the People Team design and deliver a world class Total Rewards and Workforce brand through report distribution as well as descriptive and prescriptive analysis; helping provide actionable insights into all components. The strategist will help the business define, plan, and implement solutions by gathering and distributing data, applying advanced analytics, and creating visualizations to interpret results, develop insights and communicate effectively to the business.
- Develop and deliver key reporting and analytical support for the People Team, leaders, and people managers, with a focus on the future of self-service reporting and dashboards of people related data including productivity metric, synthesizing data from various sources.
- Design, develop and deliver insightful, interactive, ongoing reporting and dashboards to business and talent leaders for workforce planning and to monitor organizational health and drive towards operational excellence across the full talent lifecycle. Develop and report on metrics that matter through discovery, analysis and viability of the metrics. Partner on the build and execution of all reporting and dashboard strategies.
- Use analytics to develop insights-driven talent strategies. Deliver strategic insights and recommendations to help develop actionable interventions that improve talent effectiveness. Share complex data results in a format that is easily understandable for the business in order to tell a story and make sound decisions.
- Develop and report on metrics that measure success of programs and interventions on an ongoing basis. Continually assess external metrics and benchmarks and their impact to internal measures.
- Create and run sophisticated predictive and regression models that dive deep into the organizations’ people data across the full employee lifecycle.
- Execute people team governance strategy and construct and administer tools and documents that enable total rewards and workforce processes. Conduct post analysis where and when needed. Ensure that data governance processes and security controls are followed.
- Support operationalizing outcomes to drive additional context and final deliverables/business improvements.
- Participate in the regular JIRA team standups to fulfill reporting and analytics requests.
- Help advance the People Analytics strategy of moving from standard operational reporting and dashboards to advanced predictive analysis by helping architect and build repeatable processes, developing ETLs to synthesize data from disparate sources, building consolidated datasets, and insightful visuals.
- Research, evaluate, and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training, and hands-on experience. Identify opportunities to adopt innovative analytical techniques.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Proactive and displays initiative, seeking out information and answers without needing to be pushed to do so.
- Successful engagement in multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and break down high-level information into details.
- Demonstrated technical strengths in implementing ETL, creating consolidated datasets, and creating compelling dashboards and visuals.
- Ability to identify more efficient ways of working while completing tasks/projects to help the team and department build a more effective strategy.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment where learning, openness to change/feedback, and agility are critical to the success of the team. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail evidenced through sound analytical skills.
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills.
- Reporting and documentation experience and passion as well as strong analysis skills including modeling.
- Ability to build collaborative and effective working relationships across organizations.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable language for business partners.
- Excellent “story telling” ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a preferred background in human resources with a quantitative field such as business intelligence, mathematics, planning and analysis or statistics
- Master degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in data validation , analysis, and forecasting
- 1-3 years of experience in HR discipline or as a HR Generalist preferred
- Experience conducting and facilitating work sessions with diverse teams across all levels of the organization to collect and define user and business stakeholder requirements
- Experience with Workday, BI and Visualization tools
- Understanding and experience in Advanced Analytic techniques and concepts
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience translating and communicating complex data results into an understandable format for business partners
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at [email protected] or 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.