Alabama – Decatur Prepared Foods
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Primarily responsible to administer Human Resource processes and activities for the organization. Additionally, this role may recruit for open positions including sourcing applicants, interviewing and preparing offers for designated openings.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Serve as a central HR contact and resource for employees and other outside contacts.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate information in personnel files.
- Maintain accurate tracking and documentation systems for leaves of absence including medical, personal and Family Medical Leave Act leaves.
- Responsible for benefits administration including but not limited to: representing benefits overview in new hire orientation and open enrollment meetings, addressing and resolving incoming inquiries regarding benefits questions and claims, tracks and monitors hourly vacation accrual and usage.
- Enter and maintain Workday HCM with new hire, employee status change, and other pertinent information.
- Assist HR manager in implementing strategic initiatives
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to improve the HR function
- Support and assist investigations by researching, documenting and filing outcome and decision documentation.
Recruit for open positions including sourcing qualified candidates, screening, interviewing via telephone and in person, selection of qualified candidates, collecting complete employment documentation, and administering the offer and pre-employment processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- None. This is an individual contributor position. Competencies required: Functional/Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly and Interpersonal Savvy.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree in a related field preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Human Resources; experience in recruiting qualified candidates preferred
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact and fluently communicate in English both with all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner; multi-lingual strongly preferred
Strong computer skills; Workday experience strongly preferred
Ability to adhere to and maintain strict confidentiality standards
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail
Must possess a strong customer-centric attitude, high energy level and a strong sense of urgency
- Follow all departmental and company safety policies and programs
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) in areas where required