Serving one million patients and their families annually. Advancing medical knowledge, technologies and practices. Developing and educating the next generation of exceptional health care professionals.
With more than 100 locations in hospital-based clinics, outpatient health and specialty care centers, we provide the most advanced medicine and thoughtful, patient-centric care to the greater metro-Detroit community.
Reports to the Director of Finance and Accounting, and assists the controller and other accounting personnel with the day-to-day accounting activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, or as needed.
- Investigates and follows up on inquiries regarding financial statements and transactions from department leaders.
- Prepares financial reports and analysis for internal review. Reports may include routine or special reports on an as needed basis.
- Reconciles assigned General Ledger (GL) accounts on a monthly basis and prepares audit schedules as needed.
- Manages and reviews entries to the fixed asset inventory to record new capital assets, reviews current asset lists for write-offs, transfers, or adjustments, and prepares fixed asset inventory reports for audit, budget, or other requests.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, or annual tax forms, and any other forms required for compliance.
- Provides cross-functional support with Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable duties.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Education, Licensure/Certification, and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher is preferred, other collegiate academic training will be considered based on experience.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience as a Staff, G/L, or Senior Accountant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with accounting systems is required. Prior experience with Workday G/L a plus.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting in a healthcare environment a plus.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision and in an offsight work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain productive working relationships inside and outside the department.
- Compliance with Department Health and Safety policies and procedures
- 40-hour work week, hours and days to be determined by the business needs of the department. Additional hours may be required
Wayne Health is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer