Boston, MA, United States
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
This staff accountant position supports the corporate accounting area of Wellington’s Finance department. This individual is responsible for accounting duties related to the monthly close for Wellington’s legal entities, as well as internal and external financial reporting requirements and financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn quickly to make an impact and take on increasing responsibilities within the group. Working closely with all members of the Global Accounting team is an important part of this role.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, and internal reporting for Wellington’s legal entities with a focus on U.S. and/or compensation related areas
- Analysis of monthly financial results and related reporting to management
- Preparation of filings and surveys for regulatory agencies with adherence to strict deadlines
- Preparation of various financial statements
- External audit support including audit work papers and responding to auditor inquiries
- Maintenance of procedure documentation for the area
- Identifying operational efficiencies and improvements to systems and processes
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or previous experience in an accounting setting required
- 0-4 years’ experience preferred
- Analytical aptitude with strong attention to detail
- Strong excel and system skills preferred, Workday experience a plus
- Motivation, enthusiasm and initiative are highly valued attributes of Wellington finance professionals
100 Federal Street
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at [email protected].