US – Houston, TX
Westlake offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
The Payroll Analyst II performs functions and processes related to the various payrolls for employees of the subsidiary companies of Westlake Chemical Corporation (“the Company”) in the U.S. and Canada under the supervision of the Payroll Supervisor. The Payroll Analyst II assists the Payroll team with departmental duties and responsibilities and works closely with Benefits, Human Resources, Accounting, Legal, field locations, and employees at all levels throughout the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains employee data in the payroll system
- Initiates time import into payroll system from time management system(s)
- Balances hours according to earning codes
- Prepares and completes payroll input to complete payroll on a timely basis for each pay cycle and special pay cycle request
- Audits pre and post processing payroll reports
- Assists Principal Analysts when necessary with outstanding reconciling items related to payroll utilities such as tax, bank rec, GL and garnishments
- Prepares on-demand manual checks and adjustment entries as needed
- Ensures compliance with all employee legislation and regulatory guidelines including but not limited to Employer Health Tax (EHT), Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance (EI), Income Tax, pension and benefit contributions, etc.
- Maintains complete understanding of all applicable federal/provincial laws related to payroll, including but not limited to garnishments, benefits and taxes
- Participates in annual and periodic audits as required
- Participates in testing events when system changes are being implemented
- Develops and maintains administrative procedures relative to the functions of this position
- Performs analytical thinking required by this job description
- Promotes a positive Company image at every opportunity
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures
- Performs any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years payroll experience in a large computerized multi-state payroll function
- Knowledge of payroll processes, calculations, and functions
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Analytical ability with aptitude for detail and systems
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll and time management systems a plus
- Interpersonal skills and team work orientation to handle issues with discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Payroll accounting experience is preferred and Human Resources experience is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an open office concept. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.
Westlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake employee (or an employee of any Westlake affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the “Careers” worklet and view “Westlake Career Opportunities”.