US – Houston, TX
Westlake offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
This role is responsible for supporting all phases of the software development life-cycle process for Human Capital Management (HCM) systems with special emphasis on the process of Integrations with internal and external systems. This role plans, architects, develops, and executes delivery of assigned HRIS projects. This role performs analysis and design activities for projects to be developed. This role conducts software package evaluations and works with fellow HRIS Team members and external vendors to implement selected solutions. This role coordinates quality assurance efforts by creating and executing test plans. This role assists in creating user documentation for applications. This role coordinates system sign-off, movement of changes to production, and the daily support of integrations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets with project sponsors to assist with documentation of requirements.
- Performs analysis and design activities for projects.
- Analyzes systems needs and creates system models.
- Analyzes data needs and recommends data models or changes to data models.
- Conducts software package evaluations and works with fellow HRIS Team members and/or vendors to implement.
- Assists with quality assurance efforts by creating and executing test plans.
- Assists in creating user documentation for applications.
- Coordinates system sign-off, move to production, and support of applications.
- Prior experience as Workday Human Resource System Integration Builder.
- Hands on experience in inbound/outbound Workday integrations Using Core Connector, managing business processes, working with EIB, Report Writer, Creating Workday Calculated Fields and Custom Reports required. Experience with Workday Studio, BIRT Reports would be a plus.
- Good understanding of Integrations including Web Services, SaaS, Workday Architecture, Business Process Framework.
- Good understanding of business process and experience in Implementation Projects
- Experience with XML and XSLT.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, preferably in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Five or more years of relevant experience, including the following areas:
- HCM application implementation & support experience (Technical and Functional)
- Extensive Integrations experience with a minimum of three years supporting Workday Integrations
- As an application architect on business intelligence projects, designing and developing complex reports/logic.
- Critical thinker; with exceptional ability to model business processes and identify and resolve gaps.
- Workday Extend App Development experience or familiarity with API, JSON Formats, REST and ECMA/JS scripting preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsive, fast-paced decision-making skills with the ability to drive business results
- Manage Technical Vendor Relationships as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake employee (or an employee of any Westlake affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the “Careers” worklet and view “Westlake Career Opportunities”.