US – Houston, TX
Westlake offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
Identifies and sources new candidates to fill open roles at the corporate office and/or company manufacturing sites through social media, cold calls and applicant resume screening. Roles to be filled will primarily be non-exempt and exempt, with some sourcing for mid- to senior-level roles. Reports directly to the Principal–Talent Acquisition Advisor and works closely with the Human Resources team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following direction, works with senior team members to fill identified vacancies by sourcing external candidates, reviewing applicant resumes, telephone screening, and collecting interview feedback.
- Handles administrative tasks associated with recruitment and interfaces with candidates and the interview panel.
- Uses all available tools to complete assigned tasks. Records candidate movement and disposition in Workday system.
- Behaves in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and projects positive employer brand.
- Troubleshoots recruiting issues within Workday when needed.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sourcing, preferably in both a corporate & agency environment.
- Understanding how to use social media platforms to source candidates in specialized areas such as Accounting, Finance, and IT, and the ability to creatively leverage these platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience interviewing, behavioral-based method preferred
- Sound knowledge of federal and state hiring guidelines OR the willingness and wherewithal to learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effectively communicating inside the organization, with external candidates and with outside stakeholders.
- Ability to make sound judgments and provide prudent recommendations regarding candidate skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff to promote a compliance attitude
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Workday preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.
Westlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake employee (or an employee of any Westlake affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the “Careers” worklet and view “Westlake Career Opportunities”.