Garland – Des Plaines, IL
Perform general human resources responsibilities, including but not limited to providing support and service to the Human Resources department and Wheels employees, respond to general employee requests, maintain effective staffing support, maintain accurate Human Resources HRIS information and reports, and coordinate various employee relations programs and events. Participate in department process improvement and tracking efforts.
- Process and maintain human resources records related to events such as new hires, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence, terminations, using human resources management system software (Workday). Process all new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Administer recruiting process, including ensuring employment applications, background checks, pre-employment drug screens are completed, preparing offer letters, explaining compensation and benefits. Provide recruiting support, including sourcing, as necessary.
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, policies, procedures.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures and programs to employees as needed.
- Coordinate the use of temporary staff and processes and all related paperwork and billing. Maintain relationships with temporary service firms. Locate new providers when necessary. Maintain records and provide reports.
- Respond to unemployment requests for information. Respond to employment verifications and reference requests.
- Coordinate or assist in the coordination of employee relations programs/events such as the United Way campaign, special giveaways, holiday events, the annual Family Day, Wheels Wear, and other company events.
- Process billing and provide tracking reports and expense summaries monthly. Coordinate with cafeteria on events and programs.
- Provide HR Administrative support to the VP of HR.
Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Ability to use sound judgement when making decisions and being; resourcefulness.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Workday HCM systems).
- Knowledge of employment law, including FLSA, ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA, PII , ADA, FMLA, and other laws. Basic knowledge of Section 125 cafeteria plans, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, including maintenance, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements for all plans.
- Knowledge of procedures for various human resource functions, including recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits and human resources information systems.
- Knowledge of the employee benefits and compensation.
Ability to deal with multiple competing priorities
Results Orientation (effective project and time management, sense of urgency, deadline driven)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, finance, business, accounting or equivalent related human resources experience.
Minimum two years of human resources experience administering various HR program, including benefits, compensation, recruiting, training and/or employee relations programs.
- Customer service
- Critical Thinking
- Detail orientation
- Problem solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Drive for results
Wheels is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Wheels is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Wheels is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.