Garland – Des Plaines, IL
The Senior HRIS Analyst analyzes work process design and flow, improves processes, and leverages the return on technological capabilities. The Senior HRIS Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and operation of Wheels Donlen HR systems. This position serves as a technical point of contact for Workday and any integrations with Workday, and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Senior HRIS Analyst will lead the implementation and testing of new Human Resource systems, modules, processes and integrations. The Senior HRIS Analyst will be the lead on creating reports, dashboards and analytics in the HR systems and will support Workday upgrades, testing and other technical projects as assigned. The Senior HRIS Analyst will be the point of contact for employees and managers with questions they may have on HR related systems.
- Consult with HR and management on HR system needs.
- Analyze HR system performance and resolve issues in the system, documenting resolution.
- Document processes, system issues, identify HR concerns, compile data analysis and reports.
- Develop and implement new processes and systems for efficient HR management.
- Optimize HR system processes, integrating new software.
- Ensure the efficient recording and secure storage of HR and PII data.
- Perform audits to ensure data integrity.
- Review data input, output and reports to ensure the accuracy of data in Workday.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency of data collection and reporting procedures.
- Support payroll team with bi-weekly payroll needs and/or issues, keep log of items and ensure resolution.
- Review, test and implement Workday upgrades, new reports and/or new modules. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades or to fix errors. Document process and results.
- Supports management and user groups’ requirements for data and analysis to support strategic and departmental initiatives.
- As a technical liaison to the Benefits, Compensation, HR Services, Recruiting, and Training functions, partners with users to identify business and Human Resources needs. Applying technical and business principles, creates application and process solutions. Identifies work around solutions when necessary.
- Interacts with all levels and groups within the organization to define business processes and procedures. Creates and maintains HRIS and management reporting. Serves as a resource to the organization by researching and resolving unique data requests. Assists in change management and enhances the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
- Provides client support for all HR databases/systems. Creates training tutorials, job aids and other documentation and provides end-user training, troubleshooting services, technical direction and training for the HR team to ensure effective utilization of HR systems. Assists with the roll-out and communication related to new systems and initiatives.
- Coordinate case management (Workday cases and TopBloc tickets) and oversee performance of system issues and resolutions with the HRIS Director.
- Continue to build/modify HRIS annual calendar and activities.
- Administrator for all EIB and import loads of data into Workday.
- Administrator for open enrollment, W-2 processing, ACA filing, salaried performance review process, annual salary planning, EEO reporting, Affirmative Action Plan reporting.
- Monitor existing Workday integrations and troubleshoot issues as needed. Lead the design, development and testing of new integrations.
- Solicit feedback and identify overall needs of HRIS end users. Prepare and distribute timely and appropriate HRIS communications.
- Establish and maintain HRIS standard operating procedures, as well a comprehensive HRIS reports library.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Develop standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Build dashboards and analytics for the organization. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Prepare tenant for each new Workday release.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Professionalism and maturity
- Business acumen
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Project management experience; strong planning, organization and schedule management
- Demonstrated experience developing and modifying new and/or existing HR reports or queries
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills; exceptional ability to gather and interpret data, as well as improve HRIS processes
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root cause(s) of problems/inefficiencies within human resource systems or processes
- Experience implementing systems with significant change impact, and implementing change management techniques for successful adoption
- Experience with and ability to use methods for identifying, evaluating, introducing and implementing more efficient approaches to performing business related activities
- Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the HR function; ability to use and administer the organization’s HR policies, strategies and environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate HRIS for different HR tasks, projects and processes
- Experience with and ability to design, implement and operate specific HR systems in the organization
- Experience with and ability to implement HR related tasks, processes, and projects to ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Five to seven years of HRIS Analyst experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or equivalent related work experience required.
- SPHR/HR Certification Preferred; Workday certifications preferred
- Strong experience with Workday modules including HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Performance Management, Talent and Succession, Learning, Recruiting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint, Word
- Advanced Workday Reporting skills to include building analytics, dashboards, trended reports in Workday
- Experience and understanding of Workday Integrations and advanced EIB
Wheels is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Wheels is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Wheels is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.