TX, Austin – Global Support
Responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, analysis and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, investment activity, customer deals, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Develops, implements and monitors financial performance metrics, existing and new store performance and profit and sales drivers. Ensures development and distribution of reports / recommendations relating to financial and performance planning, investment options and related decision tools. This Finance Manager role will only have 1 direct reports.
- Serve as a strategic and analytical partner, financial steward and global advocate to Global Store Development Team, Global Operations, Global Facilities.
- Act independently to leverage cross-functional partnerships to provide actionable financial analysis and consultation on key business initiatives.
- Act as financial consultant and steward to business partners in developing financial metrics, goals and assessment relevancy aligned with operating plan targets.
- Provide regular portfolio reviews for Global Executive Leadership to inform capital planning and deployment strategy.
- Advise on prioritization of resources given competing needs across the organization.
- Assist other departments in understanding the financial impact of capital decisions and performs major analysis and insights modeling, utilizing appropriate financial theory and statistical methods.
- Seek to better understand business drivers, identify notable trends and validate forecast accuracy.
- Facilitate conversations between global partners where forecasts and initiatives are at risk based on economic trends, business trend performance and conflicting assumptions.
- Formulate and implement processes, procedures and systems for lifecycle support requirements and analysis.
- Partner with other global teams to define and maintain lifecycle support process and implementation of relevant tools.
- Advocate for clear requirements and actionable lifecycle control standards.
- Partner with the Global Store Development Team, Global Facilities, Global Operations and Operational Finance to understand ROIC assumptions, forecasting methodology, and process improvements needs.
- Identify business processes to support project proposal processes, including partnering with peer groups to develop, test and implement modeling and reporting solutions.
- Continually improve Accounting & Financial management processes to most effectively meet the organization’s growth projections.
- Establish metrics and reporting for capital planning, deployment and post-implementation evaluation.
- Propose solutions for change management needs across the business relating to capital planning, equipment lifecycle support and financial management of capital investments.
- Own capital planning process, documentation and deliverables on time and accurately.
- Ensure achievable capital planning calendars including dates, deliverables, communication timelines for business partner and senior leadership reviews, etc.
- Lead consolidation of global capital planning initiatives and associated reporting.
- Anticipate system and change management constraints and build them into planning process, financial reporting design, and maintenance plans.
- Partner across the Global Finance team to appropriately update process changes and evolving assumptions documentation.
- Communicate financial analysis and capital updates in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both verbally and in writing to leadership.
- Deliver financial reporting, executive presentations, and dashboards based on approved global initiatives and changes in assumptions.
- Engage in data mining and ad hoc business analysis to solve complex problems and benchmark performance and trends.
- Partner across Global Finance leadership to understand underlying retail business drivers and to manage team deadlines, drive continuous improvement and ensure the team produces strong modeling and analytics.
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders on goals / expectations to meet defined timelines.
- Ensure wide-spread sharing and application of lessons learned.
- May lead up to 2 analysts and oversee work product to develop, coach and elevate team performance and deliverables.
- Serve as an overall Mentor for the Strategic Investments team.
- Develop and recommend improved data collection and analysis methods, including methods to:
- Improve automation and standardization,
- Rapidly respond to changing business conditions,
- Ensure data security, availability and integrity,
- Generate high quality, error-free deliverables appropriate for executive presentations.
- Maintain a high level of curiosity about our business and collaborates with or leads peers and business leaders to better understand primary drivers of financial performance.
- Willing to travel up to 10%, domestically and internationally, as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Title: Finance Manager, Capital Planning Team: Finance
Job Family: Financial Planning and Analysis
- Advanced understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis concepts, principles and practices.
- Excellent ability to compile, monitor, and examine financial statements, reports & accounts.
- Excellent understanding of multiple reporting and Accounting and Financial systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Performance Solutions. Experience in Workday FPM, USGN, Cognos TM1 or Adaptive Insights preferred
- Able to identify improved methods of performing database management, manipulation and analysis.
- Engages with leadership to ensure priorities align with and support strategic business objectives.
COMMUNICATION, IMPACT & INFLUENCE
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal communication skills and levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with all types of audiences, internally & externally, including senior leadership.
- Conveys and consults on complex matters with broad organizational significance.
- Cultivates a sense of community by collaborating with fellow Team Members to achieve group or organizational goals.
- Supports a philosophy of ‘shared fate’.
EMPOWERMENT & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provides consultation and advice to others within and beyond the team.
JUDGEMENT & DECISION MAKING
- Develops complex solutions to business problems through in-depth analysis and coordination / negotiation with key decision makers.
- Uses experience, innovation, and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
- Considers enterprise-wide implications of decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates strategic understanding of business objectives, competitive strengths and opportunities of WFM and supported region / stores.
- Leverages knowledge of customer, market and industry trends and emerging challenges to make business improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base and retail operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
BA/BS and/or Master’s degree and 6-8 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Education in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.