TX, Austin – Global Support
IL, Chicago – Midwest Corporate
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate – about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans – and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
The Planning Manager of Financial Operations will be responsible for the coordination and continuous improvement of Global Finance processes and tools. This includes coordination of quarterly and annual forecast cycles, change enablement for new financial tools and processes, and ad-hoc project management. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with a passion for organization and project management and possesses a solid background in financial analysis.
- Coordinates tasks and activities related to quarterly, annual, and long-range planning/forecasting processes
- Establishes and oversees schedules and timelines for related program activities
- Maintains program/project artifacts such as project charters, timelines, project plans, status reports, resource plans, assumption documents, program reviews, etc.
- Facilitates meetings with diverse stakeholder groups including kickoff meetings, status meetings, steering committee, design sessions, issue meetings, etc.
- Simplifies process and projects delivery by removing ambiguity and creating structure for highly complex activities
- Anticipates information needs, identifies gaps, and organizes data and communications cohesively and clearly
- Drives organizational efficiencies by developing and promoting project management techniques, templates, and processes
- Tracks and prioritizes risks and issues for discussion and resolution
- Conducts post-mortem reviews and gathers feedback on opportunities and risks
- Coordinates communication and change enablement plans and activities
- Identifies process gaps and opportunities to drive efficiency and improve accuracy
- Identifies and assists in developing scope and requirements for improvements to WFM financial systems and information in order to generate efficiencies in the ways this information is created and used
The above describe the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the business and needs evolve. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years, project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Previous experience in financial planning and analysis is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement and change enablement experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles
- Planning/Forecasting experience is a strong plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Enterprise Performance solutions – Workday Financials, Adaptive Insights, Power BI, and Tableau software a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to time constraints
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.