TX, Austin – Global Support
IL, Chicago – Midwest Corporate
Whole Foods Market is seeking an experienced Finance professional to support our Center Store team within the Merchandising function. The Merchandising Finance Manager is the strategic finance partner to the Center Store Senior Vice President of Merchandising. As a member of the Center Store leadership team the Finance Manager will partner to drive business results and proactively identify areas of opportunity to drive business performance. This leader will be the single-threaded finance point of contact for the Center Store team and will lead a team of analysts as well as utilize a network of other finance and business partners to execute all finance responsibilities. These finance responsibilities include, long-range, annual, and quarterly planning and forecasting, weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews, investment and decision support analysis, and other ad hoc requests.
This individual is expected to be a thought leader, strategic partner, and have a deep sense of ownership. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and is skilled in prioritization, business case assessment, financial planning, and quantifying business outcomes to inform decision making. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with the ability to partner cross-functionally, has best-in-class written/verbal communication skills, will drive continuous improvement, has excellent problem-solving skills, and has a strong finance background.
- Act as a single threaded strategic finance business partner for the Center Store team that can guide, educate, and influence finance decisions for Senior Leadership
- Identify improvement areas and proactively lead the development of strategic financial analysis and models to solve complex challenges facing the business, evaluate growth opportunities, and drive profitability
- Develop and deliver actionable, informed financial insights to assist leadership in driving sales and profitability across the entire P&L
- Partner with Merchandising teams to identify areas of opportunity, develop a test and learn plan, measure results, and implement action plans
- Serve as FP&A point of contact to partner with Senior Leadership to build clear vision of both the short- and long-term financial position and evaluate investments needed achieve the vision
- Lead the 3-year, annual, and quarterly planning process, working closely with all relevant business partners to build a financial plan aligned to business plans
- Work with Merchandising and Operations partners to coordinate monthly business reviews and analysis including variance reviews, program performance, and progress of initiatives
- Through weekly business reviews, continually assess progress towards monthly financial results and partner on action plans if gaps need to be closed
- Build relationships with Senior Leadership where you can comfortably challenging assumptions and plans to drive dialogue and informed decision-making
- Communicate complicated messages, verbally and in writing that drive informed decision-making
- Identify and deliver on process improvement opportunities that drive year-over-year gains with a focus on long-term growth, scale, and simplification
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial analysis, reporting and interpretation of Perishable department results
- Have a deep understand of the team’s G&A plan to manage headcount and overhead expense budgets
- Supports alignment and communication to leadership team through the effective use of written documents and/or PowerPoint
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and other duties as requested.
- The above describe the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the business and needs evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 7+ years of financial analysis experience.
- Possess superb knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles.
- Planning/Forecasting experience is a strong plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Retail operations experience a plus
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership.
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as be a team player.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Enterprise Performance solutions –Workday Financials, Adaptive Insights, Tableau software a plus.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.