TX, Austin – Global Support
We offer great benefits and a friendly work atmosphere with open books, open doors, and open people. We also encourage you to have a life! That’s why our team members have chosen us as one of FORTUNE® magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” every year since the list began in 1998.
Whole Foods Market is the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket retailer. Our philosophy is to satisfy and delight our customers – and to support Team Member happiness and excellence. Why? We believe that each and every team member is a valued contributor.
Whole Foods Market is looking for a passionate and innovative Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Real Estate Technology Team.
WFM is on a journey to modernize how we manage the real estate lifecycle. Among other strategic priorities, we’re early into a multi-year software transformation initiative specific to store development and construction management, which will allow the organization to expand and evolve the store footprint, globally and improve collaboration with internal and external stakeholders every step of project execution. This role will lead cross-functional teams in planning for and delivering this change.
- Lead business, tech, and change management teams through the assessment, design, development, testing, and deployment stages required to successfully implement third- and first-party solutions for real estate site research, construction project & financial management, lease management and store facility management operations.
- Understand high-level functions, business processes, and requirements as it relates to retail real estate lifecycle, including accounting, finance and reporting/analytics.
- Ensure close management of program scope, schedule, resources, budget, issues, and risks. Proactively manage issues and mitigate risks to enable on time delivery within budget, and with expected scope/quality.
- Represent program status, issues, and risks effectively with senior leadership with a high degree of professional confidence and credibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of technical program management experience managing complex technology projects.
- 2+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
- Experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules.
- Experience with current web and service technologies and architectures
- Proven experience working with senior leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills within a cross-matrix organization.
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence and Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience and certifications with methodologies such as Agile and PMP
- Experience working in grocery or retail
- Experience implementing or leading implementations of SaaS applications such as Procore, Smartsheet, Coupa, SiteIntel, Workday, Adaptive Insights, Tango Analytics, Concur and/or Vertex
- Experience implementing or leading implementations custom applications built on Amazon Web Services
Location & Travel
Located in Austin, TX with up to 10% time spent traveling to software partner, regional offices and/or store locations.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.