TX, Austin – Global Support
Provides administrative support for the day-to-day TMS transactional workflow. Supports various TMS services, including Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Learning & Development, Business Partners, and HRIS to ensure systems are updated and processes followed. Ensures Team Member and employment information is entered, updated, and maintained with the TMS data management systems. Ensures Team Member and Team Leader questions are addressed accurately and in a timely manner, escalating and properly routing complex or sensitive issues to the appropriate individual or departments.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate—about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans—and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
The Sr. TMS (HR) Operations Specialist is responsible for the support of day-to-day human resource operations with a focus on HR life cycle processes and transactional support. The TMS (HR) Operations Specialist will be part of the TMS Compliance team reporting directly to the Team Leader of TMS Compliance and will work closely with HR business partners. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the I-9 and E-Verify process, adjudication duties for the background check program and other programs and duties as listed below.
- Manages E-Verify submissions and troubleshoots errors or inconsistencies to ensure timely compliance with I-9 regulations
- Monitor Employee compliance by tracking document expiration dates, processing notification letters to Employee’s approaching employment authorization expiration
- Review incoming criminal conviction questionnaires and identify convictions disclosed by applicants
- Compare convictions to background check guidelines matrix to determine eligibility for hire
- Perform individualized assessments as needed for background checks
- Assists with administrative duties for the HR document retention program
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as legal support
- Performs various audits to ensure compliance within various programs
- Communicates and works with stakeholders to resolve Compliance issues
- Assists Team Members and field HR partners with interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Participates in completion and continuous improvement of transaction processes
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all Team Members records and information
- Write, revise, edit and proofread job aids and Standard Operating Procedure documents
- Assists with projects as needed
- Understands how to filter, interpret, and apply TMS policy, process, and procedural information to resolve Team Member and Team Leader questions.
- Comprehensive transactional knowledge of HR functions, including Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Payroll, Employment, Team Member Relations, Performance Management, and Training.
- Detailed knowledge of HRIS and data management software and applications.
- Detailed knowledge of company TMS policies and applicable government regulations.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work; receives instructions for new work or special assignments.
- Listens to and asks questions to solicit feedback, understand needs, and provide service.
- Regularly interacts with all levels of internal customers and stakeholders.
- May provide procedural guidance to others.
- Typically determines own priorities within established guidelines.
- Regularly adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Independently gathers resources and information needed to complete projects.
- Analyzes and resolves task-related problems by consulting with peers and / or leaders.
- Clearly understands the relationship between Shared Services and business / functional organizations.
- Clearly understands the relationships and interdependencies between the various TMS functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 2-4 years’ relevant experience.
- Associates degree, technical college, or some college course work preferred.
- Knowledge of I-9 Compliance and E-Verify regulation
- General knowledge of employment related Federal/State Regulations for EEO, USCIS and DOL
- Administrative/organizational skills with a strong attention to detail while multi-tasking and focusing on deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Office 365
- Experience with Workday is a plus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.