Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent innovative companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,000 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
Wilson Sonsini is seeking a full-time DC Recruiting Specialist to join our Washington, DC office. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing and implementing all aspects of the recruiting process for summer associate, entry-level, and lateral associate hiring for our DC office.
We seek candidates who will work collaboratively with a team, while also handling individual responsibilities and adapting to rapidly changing priorities. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking for growth potential. The DC Recruiting Specialist will work closely with the Attorney Recruiting, Professional Development and Diversity teams, but will also maintain strong relationships with the DC hiring partners and office managers to develop strategies for sourcing, attracting and hiring highly-talented and diverse attorneys.
- Work closely with the Law School Attorney Recruiting Senior Manager to plan, coordinate and lead summer program efforts, monitor the budget and plan and attend events (as practicable) for the DC program.
- Work closely with the IP Attorney Recruiting team to plan, coordinate and lead patent agent recruiting events in the DC regions.
- Responsible for summer work assignment process including collecting evaluations, coordinating mid/end-of- summer reviews and offers for DC summer associates.
- Coordinate and oversee all administrative aspects involved in on-campus, entry level, lateral and patent agent recruiting, including registering for on-campus interview programs and job fairs, scheduling interviews, monitoring candidates throughout the process, preparing and sending offer letters, coordinating follow-up efforts and onboarding process for the DC offices.
- Build strategic relationships with Career Services professionals, search firms, law school student groups, affinity groups and other educational institutions (including hosting and coordinating events in the office and on-campus for assigned schools) to advance the Firm’s recruiting strategies.
- Collaborate with administrative departments on onboarding and integrating new hires, including coordinating new associate integration activities for the DC summer, fall, lateral and patent agent hires.
- Partner with the Diversity and Inclusion team to advance Firm’s diversity hiring strategies and initiatives.
- Maintain recruiting records and generate LawCruit/viRecruit and Workday reports.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of professional recruiting experience in a law firm is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the attorney recruiting process and legal employment issues.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently and handle a variety of duties effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to understand unconscious bias and its effect on recruiting and hiring.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel as well as external clients, including search firms and vendors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior analytical, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and creative with ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to develop and analyze reports and projections regarding market trends in diversity, legal recruiting and retention.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Proficient with MS Office and applicant tracking systems, preferably Workday and LawCruit/viRecruit.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wilson Sonsini is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offer of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.