Salt Lake City
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent innovative companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,000 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for administering the firm’s employee compensation programs and processes. This role will also assist with the production of ad hoc and monthly reporting to support data-driven decision making by business leaders and firm management.
- Administer base pay and incentive programs for administrative staff and legal support staff.
- Ensure that compensation and time off policies are administered accurately and according to established policies and procedures.
- Work on compensation projects and initiatives; assist with data collection and analysis; answer questions about programs and policies from managers and employees.
- Estimate the cost of programs based on defined assumptions and develop expense forecasts.
- Conduct salary benchmarking using available market data; research new survey sources; complete the firm’s submissions to salary benchmarking surveys.
- Review job descriptions for new and existing roles; provide recommendations on job titles, job levels, and associated base pay ranges.
- Administer annual base salary increase and incentive bonus processes; support managers and ensure that work is completed on time; send reminders and follow up for missing information.
- Gather relevant internal and external equity data to evaluate pay adjustment and promotion requests.
- Administer compensation approval processes and maintain documentation to ensure compensation policies are administered with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Generate standard compensation, time off, headcount, and turnover reports; provide monthly/quarterly reports and ad hoc reports upon request.
- Audit transactions in Workday to maintain the accuracy of job, salary grade, compensation, and organization information; ensure that data is complete.
- Identify future compensation action items and maintain appropriate tracking to ensure timely implementation.
- Participate in configuring and testing compensation and time off functions in Workday; report issues for remediation to ensure transactions have the correct payroll effect.
- Working closely with benefits and payroll, calculate and administer leave pay continuation for employees on medical and parental leaves.
- Manage worldwide time off policies for attorneys and staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent functional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an employee compensation or total rewards role.
- Analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, and creativity.
- Ability to work efficiently with spreadsheets and data, and produce well-organized, timely, and accurate work.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Workday reporting and analytics is preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wilson Sonsini is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offer of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.