Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,100 attorneys in 18 offices: 13 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for providing support to the firmwide Employee Relations HR function. There will be flexibility for this role to have a hybrid work schedule.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Human Resources Manager and Director with the firmwide employee relations function.
- Assist with the performance evaluation process for attorneys and staff.
- Acts as point of contact for HR questions, monitoring Workday Help cases and participating in designated HR office hours.
- Responsible for certain aspects of employee onboarding, including verifying the Form I-9 and back-up for orientation.
- Assist with separation and release agreement process, including preparing agreements, contacting outplacement services, preparing separation payments, and coordination with security, IT, facilities and finance.
- Responsible for staff off-boarding process, including processing the departure in Workday, and sending departure information; analyze exit data and generate reports.
- Identify opportunities to utilize existing systems to automate processes.
- Respond to unemployment claims and employment verification requests.
- Approve one-time payments in Workday.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Exhibit proficiency in Workday, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ViDesktop, DocuSign, and other Firm software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being responsive and effectively communicating with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function in fast paced environment while producing error-free work.
- Ability to multi-task; organize and appropriately prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- 2+ years previous Human Resources, Employee Relations and HRIS experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Previous law firm experience or general office experience preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and new hires will be required to upload proof of vaccination prior to their start date. At the current time, in accordance with CDC guidance, individuals are considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). If the CDC or local health authorities for our office locations amend their definition of “fully vaccinated” to include vaccine boosters, the firm will do the same. Individuals who wish to be considered for an accommodation on religious or medical grounds, or as allowed by applicable law, may do so by contacting the firm’s Human Resources department.