As the world’s number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner the Generalist will be responsible for HR support within our Ontario DC, National Waterworks team and Industrial East team. This includes employee relations, performance management, recruitment support and administrative support. Travel to branches will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in all areas of HR!
- Coach and assist managers on employee relations, organizational policies and terminations
- Handling first step Grievances
- Act as the primary contact for all managers and employees via telephone, email, and in person when required. Will provide clarity around questions on HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide courteous, quick and professional support to internal client group
- Accountable for Workday administration for client group
- Conduct in person investigations. ie. employee complaints
- Partner with central Talent Acquisition team to manage recruitment needs for the region
- Assist with implementation and communication of national/regional HR initiatives
- Development and management of role profiles and job descriptions
- Support the HR Business Partner with the performance review and goal setting process
- Support compensation initiatives, such as coordination of annual salary and incentive review and bonus payout
- Prepare reports to support the needs of various business units
- Support employees/managers with leave management and accommodation
- Advise client group on disciplinary procedures
- Maintains compliance with federal and provincial legislation concerning employment laws
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Direct employees to alternate resources, external service providers, when necessary
- Prepare standard documentation upon request from employees and managers, i.e. employment verification letters, leave of absence letters, internal move letters
- Assist with administration of New Hire Orientation program
- Assist in communicating HR changes to the organization
- Participate as an active member of the Canadian Human Resources team
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resource Management or related field, plus a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years’ work experience in a similar role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred completion or working toward the CHRL designation
- Preferred work experience and knowledge of Workday and associated business processes
- Advanced skill level in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- Excellent Customer Service, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in HR, Employment Standards and other employment related legislation and how to apply them in the business
- Experience in building, managing and maintaining employee and manager relationships
- Proven ability to manage conflict
- Able to maintain confidentiality and conduct work within appropriate privacy standards
- Able to handle stressful situations
- Ability to offer sensible judgment, recommendations, opinions and suggestions based on sound HR knowledge
- Labour Relations experience required
- Highly organized in prioritizing work, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines within a fast-paced work environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment
- Experience administering a collective bargaining agreement
- Bilingual in French and English Considered an Asset