Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people and planet.
Who We Are Looking For:
A Financial Analyst 2 to prepare comprehensive business/financial forecasts, reports, and/or analysis, identify opportunity areas where special analysis may help improve financial decisions, and assist leadership in meeting all financial commitments and goals. The Financial Analyst 2 will also contribute to and drive process improvements and provide financial expertise and counsel.
What You Will Be Doing at Woodard & Curran:
- Provides financial decision support on specific operational matters impacting the achievement of company objectives.
- Prepares financial and cost analyses utilized by management to provide business insights, based on high-quality analysis of internal and external data.
- Identifies potential for process improvements and coordinates efforts for implementation.
- Leads projects and initiatives that improve operating and financial performance.
- Independently leads the preparation of portions of the financial forecasting and reporting activities, including the Annual Operating Plan.
- Supports Operations with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare management with timely financial insights and meets company requirements for forecasting and reporting.
- Prepares analyses of key drivers of forecasts and results are available to Management and Finance.
- Coordinates effectively across the company’s matrixed organization.
- Maintains lateral communication and coordination across groups, internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Leads and prepares company marketing surveys, government financial submittals, and the master datasets required to submit them.
- Leads coordination with Contracts/Legal to audit and maintain business insurance policies.
- Able to manage and multitask critical projects simultaneously.
- Improves existing processes while incorporating business, financial, and system implications and risks.
- Stays abreast of industry and company business trends as well as trends affecting finance.
The list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Finance with increasing responsibilities.
- Prior experience in professional services is preferred.
- Prior experience with mid or large-sized corporate finance is preferred
- Prior experience with executive and Board reporting preferred
- Prior experience with Workday Financials/Adaptive Planning and/or Microsoft Dynamics/Power BI preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Woodard & Curran believes that diverse teams working together in an equitable, inclusive culture provides the right environment for employees to thrive, our clients to benefit, and our business to prosper over the long run. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences and creates an environment where everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When employees are supported to reach their full potential, we can provide our clients with the most innovative, sound, and cost-effective solutions.
This position’s anticipated pay range is provided below; final exempt salary or non-exempt hourly pay will be dependent on experience level as well as considering a % based geographic differential based on where the final candidate will be working. Geographic differentials are used to recognize and reflect cost of labor differences between geographic markets.
Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity:
Eligible positions may receive an annual cash bonus based on the role’s organizational level, and is represented as a percentage range of eligible earnings**
$59,832.00 – $89,748.00
Benefits & Wellbeing
401(k) or Roth: Company will match equal to 100% of the first 3% of salary contributed, All employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and 100% vested in the value of own contributions and any employer matching contributions.
Time away from work:
Vacation time is provided to full and part-time regular employees. Vacation is accrued, based on number of hours worked per week as well as prior years of experience.
Woodard & Curran offers paid sick time to eligible employees who are absent due to their own non-work related, illness, injury, or medical procedure.
Woodard & Curran provides up to 80 hours of Paid Parental Leave for bonding in a 12-month period.
Company-paid disability insurance from Sun Life to assist with replacing a portion of your income in the event of non-job-related illness or injury. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled and eligible immediately.
Coverage and support for your needs and wellbeing:
Personal and Family health: Company offers three medical plan options based on geography; plus HSA and FSA plans are available based on eligibility, additional options include vision, dental and vision plans.
Company provides basic employee group life insurance and AD&D benefits, additional voluntary life and AD&D coverage is available through Sun Life.
WayForward powered by Dario: EAP Program combined with personalized mental health and wellbeing coaching.
LiveWell wellbeing: credit incentive is available, up to $600 annually – nutrition and fitness, and access to the Virgin Pulse wellness platform.
Education: Tuition assistance offers eligible employees up to 100% reimbursement of tuition, books and fees up to $5250 per year, for courses related to the employee’s job or planned career development.