Germany, Home Office
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workmates pride themselves on winning while having fun!
That means supporting each other while driving accountability for amazing results and performance. This team is no different. Everything we do inspires a brighter work day for all.
The Enterprise Sales team at Workday helps the company to continue to grow by balancing integrity and innovation, ensuring Workmates have the environment to bring their best self, and get better by pushing and developing themselves and the Workmates around them.
As a team, we believe that partnering with our customers to craft relevant solutions that deliver long lasting value is super important.
We want to make sure that our customers are positively satisfied from day one and forever ongoing.
About the Role
Here at Workday, our Account Executives Large Enterprise are key players in our Field Sales Operations organization.
With a net new revenue focus, they are the fuel for Workday’s new customer growth.
This fantastic team of hardworking professionals play a key role in guiding global customers on a journey that can see them leave the limitations of legacy platforms behind and move forward with a new class of enterprise management cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Develop strategy for prioritizing, targeting, and closing key opportunities in assigned territory of Large Enterprise Clients with headquarter in Germany
- Performs account planning for assigned accounts, coordinating with pre-sales and other resources to ensure strategic alignment
- Initiate and support sales of Workday solutions within global Large Enterprise prospects and shares Workday value proposition
- Be responsible for developing relationships with net new customers with a focus on deal management and connecting customers with Workday solutions, particularly core financials
- Negotiate deals with a variety of C-Suite Executives to close opportunities
- Maintain accurate and timely customer/prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data
- Competitive remuneration, restricted stock units & an ESPP
- Health insurance for employees and their families, pension plan & more
- Flexible working hours and work from home option
- A powerful product, named as a leader by Gartner for Cloud HCM Suites, Cloud Core Financial Management Suites and Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis
- Structured employee onboarding & Workday sales academy to ensure a quick and successful ramp up
- Team events, fitness program, employee assistance program, perks/discounts offerings, free fresh fruit & snacks in our office locations and more
- Experience selling SaaS/Cloud based solutions to C-levels from a field sales position to new clients
- Experience collaborating with internal teams (pre-sales, value, inside sales) to achieve quota and run multiple deals at once
- Experience with managing longer deal cycles 12m+, including prospecting for a portion of opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Proven experience understanding the strategic competitive landscape of the industry by staying up to date with trends and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday solutions within accounts
- High learning agility to quickly adapt to a new software solution and our sales methodology
- Able to quickly establish trust with key stakeholders
- Prior experience with partnering with internal team members on account strategies for short and long term prospecting and territory management
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!