USA, TX, Home Office
USA Home Offices
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we are serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The US Professional & Business Services West Large Enterprise Sales Team consists of a high-performing group of Account Executives selling Workday solutions to net new prospect accounts. We have responsibility for a diverse set of Service based firms which include Professional Services, Construction and Business Services firms. At Workday and within the PBS Industry Vertical team, you will be surrounded by hardworking, enthusiastic and successful people who want to transform the PBS Industry via the best and most ground-breaking technology and solutions in the world!
About the Role
You will use your extensive experience, domain expertise and consultative selling skills to initiate and support sales of Workday Solutions within Workday’s Professional and Business Services Large Enterprise new business strategic accounts. Our Account Executives are driven, comfortable with lengthy and sophisticated sales cycles, and expected to not only deliver on our sales commitments, but also partner with key stakeholders within target accounts to proactively identify business challenges and build compelling business cases to position Workday products and services as solutions. Our Account Executives are open, collaborative, direct and operate with a GM mindset within their territory, accounts and peer group. Workday puts our people and customers first, and the successful candidate will have the same mentality!
The PBS West Majors Account Executive is highly motivated and has the ability and desire to make an impact on prospective Customers and fellow Workmates. They will be a dynamic problem solver, who leans on personal experience but also appreciates and embraces new directions and developments that occur within the company or market.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be passionate, enthusiastic and a successful new business salesperson who wants to be part of one of the most disruptive cloud companies on the planet!
- You will be a key player in Workday’s field sales team to drive net new business into strategic named accounts.
- You will drive complex sales cycles orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support.
- You will implement value-selling processes leveraging a wealth of knowledge of Workday’s products and portfolio
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with existing customers and executive sponsors
- You will employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday as a viable cloud partner of choice to alternative to legacy ERP solutions
- You will create, own and lead a territory development strategy to drive account coverage and pipeline development within your assigned accounts
Experience / Qualifications
- Extensive experience selling SaaS/Cloud based ERP / HCM / PSA / Financial planning solutions to C-levels within enterprise accounts
- Understanding of the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday solutions within accounts
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services/ Cloud / SaaS architecture
- Experience cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and alliances
- Proven success with transformational selling and strategy
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment towards enterprise organizations
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Proven experience of pulling together different business units to maximize on sales opportunities
- Experience creating and sustaining highly productive working relationships with peers, customer and partners through influencing skills, process, tools and Creates and sustains
- Excellent time and resource management skills that translate from plans into action
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!