Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Thrive in the shifting global economy
Use of extended staff is on the rise across industries with the prediction being that by 2027, 50% of all Companies resources will be non-payroll employees, also know as ‘extended workforce’.
We are on the hunt for experienced Account Executives who have experienced in selling cloud software solutions. In this role you will be part of a thriving and dynamic team selling into established and Net New customers.
Workday VNDLY offers a cloud-native extended workforce solution designed to streamline and optimise the entire lifecycle of today’s contingent workers, from talent acquisition through to off-boarding.
VNDLY is Workday’s VMS Solution (Vendor Management System) and is taking the market by storm. With its simplified approach, born in the cloud and integration to the rest of Workdays products & services, it is unrivalled in the marketplace to manage a Company’s complete Talent Workforce.
Workday VNDLY uses automation and machine learning to empower your finance, HR and procurement teams to optimise the agility and impact of your extended workforce.
Due to the increase in demand for VMS technology, Workday is looking to grow the sales effort in EMEA for this market.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
About the Role
As a Workday VNDLY Center of Excellence Product Specialist, you will be a foundational part of a dynamic field sales organisation responsible for the market success for Workday in this space. You will use your extensive experience, domain expertise and consultative selling skills to initiate and support sales of Workday VNDLY within Workday prospective customers.
Responsible for selling cloud software solution – here VNDLY. This would typically be a limited number of the company’s products, typically a technology or those that are strategic in nature.
Typically specialises in a single product or product line and carries an overlay quota. Generally, not account-assigned; called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned sales account managers to close sales.
May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the company’s products.
May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales.
● You will be passionate, enthusiastic and a successful new business salesperson who wants to be part of one of the most disruptive cloud companies on the planet!
● You will be a key player in Workday’s field sales team to drive the VNDLY business sales into prospective customers.
● You will drive complex sales cycles through orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support.
● You will implement value-selling processes alongside a wealth of knowledge of Workday’s products and portfolio
● You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers and executive sponsors
● You will employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday as a viable cloud partner of choice to alternative to legacy engagement solutions.
● Fluency in Dutch and English – if based in NL
● Experience of selling cloud software solutions to C-level within Medium & Large Enterprise accounts from a direct, field sales position
● Experience and understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday VNDLY.
● Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
● Proven track record of customer advocacy and the ability to rapidly establish credibility and become a trusted advisor
● Extremely proactive, highly motivated with great organisational skills
● Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills essential
● Experience selling to Senior HR executives
● Ability to parse and articulate market requirements and effectively communicate and team with internal stakeholders
● Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and alliances
Workday's core values give us a framework for leadership and daily decisions, and help us enjoy our time at work. Sounds so simple, but too often companies get caught up in politics, ivory-tower attitudes, and market mania instead of focusing on the things that probably made them successful in the first place.
Our core values and beliefs define what’s meaningful to us at Workday. From a future employee perspective these core values are key;
Employees – Most fundamentally, people are the core of our business. Without them, we would not have a business. We hire the best and expect great accomplishments.
Integrity – We say what we mean, and mean what we say. We stick to our commitments, treat everyone equitably, and communicate openly and honestly.
Fun – We also feel it’s important to have a sense of humor. We like to laugh—it makes our work that much more enjoyable. We also invest in community and company events that help our employees and their families feel a connection to Workday beyond business as usual.
For a full list of values see here:
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!